Another reason not to like the Schlecks....?

cogidubnus
cogidubnus Posts: 860
edited August 2011 in Pro race

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    whatever....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    whatever....
    - @ddraver
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    I was just being facetious about the Schlecks, I just know Radioshack aren't the most popular team on these boards
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    PAh, the Shack are less odious than Leopard.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • My two least favourite teams to merge. Boooooooring!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • ddraver
    Cogidubnus wrote:
    I was just being facetious about the Schlecks, I just know Radioshack aren't the most popular team on these boards

not that - Everyday there's been an article saying they are, they arent, they are etc etc. When it's confirmed either way i ll care...
    - @ddraver
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Maybe Bruyneel can make a winner out of Andy. He tried to sign him before but didn't want Fränky... so no deal.

On the other hand who wants to team up with "the hog" when he's under federal investigation. A chance he gets rumbled, no?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    Can anyone else see the Schlecks suddenly stepping it up another gear if they get managed by Bruyneel...?

Slightly worrying for the classics though. Bruyneel seems to have a habit of canibalising his classics teams for GTs.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    My two least favourite teams to merge. Boooooooring!

Now you only have to have one least favourite team..........
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I preferred the rumour that Andy, Frankie & Co had found a new sponsor in Starbucks and were to be called Star-Trek.

I'm failing to come up with anything as good for L-T-R-S...perhaps LaTeRS or maybe ReSuLT?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Can't help but feel that whatever the team ends up being, Andy needs to be managed properly in order to win a GT.
    The problem with being head of your own vanity project is that it is difficult for people to provide the full range of motivational tools which can sometimes include a harsh truth or a kick up the arse.
    Somebody else said on here around the time of the tdf, he probably would have won if he'd been managed by Riis. I think that is a reasonable argument.
    Maybe the Hog would make a winner of him.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Monty Dog wrote:
    I preferred the rumour that Andy, Frankie & Co had found a new sponsor in Starbucks and were to be called Star-Trek.

I'm failing to come up with anything as good for L-T-R-S...perhaps LaTeRS or maybe ReSuLT?

The Schleck Shack?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Rumours, mergers and potential sponsors not withstanding -- It's my hope to one day be able to yell "Go Team Venture!" at the telly during one of their trademarked attack-wait for bro-attack gambits.

VBGRPPN01-239x300.jpg
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Team RadioSchlack?
    Turn it in..........
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    http://gerard.cc/2011/08/31/leo-shack/

Good point from the Cervelo man...
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    edited August 2011
    Bertie Soiling himself at the thought of a Leopard Shack Merger,

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/9596/ ... erger.aspx

edited: spelling
    cartoon.jpg
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    “Leopard and RadioShack are currently the two strongest teams and if they combine forces, it will be impossible for me to win a Grand Tour.”

No doubt. It's scary how RadioShack have dominated all of the big races in the USA that all of the other teams desperately wanted to win more than anything else.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Doobz wrote:

1. What bolux. He can just ignore Franks and follow Andy like always.

2. Probably won't be a concern to him unless the merger lasts 'til 2013...

Strava is not Zen.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Other than a title sponsor, and a dodgy DS who is surely currently implicated in the LA doping case, what do Radio Shack bring to the equation?

I've had a look at their roster, and tbh, a lot of the riders seem to be somewhat past their prime, or just not big names. I'm probably missing some talented but relatively unknown riders, but they just look like a very average team. Their performance in the Tour was pretty woeful.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    calvjones wrote:
    Doobz wrote:

1. What bolux. He can just ignore Franks and follow Andy like always.

2. Probably won't be a concern to him unless the merger lasts 'til 2013...

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I think Bertie fears Andy and Frankie finding themselves a more reliable dealer...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    "I’ll put my money on Bruyneel, in the kitchen, with the knife."

Gotta love Vroomen. Talks a lot of sense.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    "“Leopard and RadioShack are currently the two strongest teams and if they combine forces, it will be impossible for me to win a Grand Tour.”

aw, diddums. Wonder what Bertie's reasons are for this little piece of propaganda? Or whether he spoke to a journalist at all, and perhaps it's been ghosted by a Rebekah style creature with a pen. Or a Bruyneel style creature with a lap-top.

Leopard and RadioShack being the two strongest teams will come as news to Garmin, HTC (sadly gearing up for their garage sale), Rabo and Vacansoleil. 5th are Def-Leppard, and RadioShack are............let me look down the list..............oh yes, here they are, 7th. After Sky.

Excellent rankings, but not the best.

"It will be impossible for me..........."

Aye, right. Nothing is impossible, impossible is nothing, as they say, Little Bert. This is not the speech of a champion (which makes me think this piece is tripe). The quote I mean, not the possibility of a merger.

See also Luke 1:37