Decent references for 'Core' exercises?

anto164
anto164 Posts: 3,500
8 weeks ago i fractured my spine in 3 places, and have had a metal brace (going from my groin area up to the top of my sternum and wrapping around my chest/back) holding my upper body straight, therefore i have not been able to move, twist, bend etc. I'm told that after tomorrow i don't need to wear it (great). Now, i'm having a short physio session tomorrow, followed by another on Friday, so i will take all the advice i can from them.

So what am i asking for? Well, i'm looking for some decent resources to help me build up my core. i've got a fair bit of muscle wastage from not being able to bend/twist/lift anything, and it's going to take a while before it comes back.

Any advice/suggestions for websites or anything?

Also, for those who have suffered the same injury, how long was the 'rehab period' before you were back to full working order?

Thanks.

Comments

• Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Just do what the physio tells you to do.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I have no Physio appt - Can I have a reference please?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Listen to physio - but be sure to explain what you want to achieve so you can work together to build a strong torso again. A certain amount of what you have lost will come back with little intervention if you just live normally - but it will take time - at least as long as it took to lose it - perhaps 3 times that.