play in campag vento bearing

fast as fupp
fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
edited September 2011 in Workshop
cant find anything on the campag site on adjusting my wheel bearings, just a lot of warnings about accidents , injury or death.

anyone know how to adjust these?
'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    I believe they have cartraige bearing they aren't adjustable so you will need to replace them.
    The bearings will have a number on them (something like Rs6020) write that number and get some new ones from a bearing shop as they are much cheaper that bike shops. quite easy to replace

Good luck
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The hub will have some sort of adjustment - depends on the hub design but there will be some form of cone/adjuster on the axle - variations include traditional cone spanners, a combination of cone spanner and allen key in the end of the axle or adjustable cones using a small allen key pinch bolt arrangement. However, if you fail to adjust-out the play, then it will be time for new cartridge bearings.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • explosifpete
    they don't always have adjustment, (Hope hubs for instance has push in ends) and if you are using the nuts on the outside to take out play in a worn cartridge bearing it will sort of work but the wheel wont run as smoothly/quickly as you would want it to
  • explosifpete
    they don't always have adjustment, (Hope hubs for instance has push in ends) and if you are using the nuts on the outside to take out play in a worn cartridge bearing it will sort of work but the wheel wont run as smoothly/quickly as you would want it to
  • sl2371
    sl2371 Posts: 748
    Sorry to hijack this thread but how do you get the cartridge bearings out and put new ones in
  • bump

yes how does one get the old bearings out?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'