Canyon Nerve Am 6.0

liddybird
liddybird Posts: 14
edited August 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just thought i'd share my thoughts on the bike so far.
I had it delivered just over a week ago. I must say canyons service was very good. I received several updates of delivery times and bank transfer clearences.

I have done a fair few miles on the canal with some rough terrain which the bike tackled with ease. The bike imo looks stunning. The only problem i've been having is setting the suspesion up especially the rear shock (Fox rp2 boost valve xxv) I suspect this is down to me being pretty new to the full sus game. I have it somewhere near where I want it now. I am taking it to cannock chase this friday i'll post updates on how it performs.

Cheers

Comments

• Spec as follows

Frame Canyon New Nerve All Mountain
    Rear Shock Fox Float RP2 Boost Valve XXV
    Fork Fox 32 TALAS FIT RL
    Headset Acros AiX-03
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X9
    Front Derailleur SRAM X.9
    Shifters SRAM X9
    Brake levers Avid Elixir 3
    Brakes Avid Elixir 3
    Hubs DT Swiss M 1950
    Cassette SRAM PG-1070 12-36 10-speed
    Rims DT Swiss M 1950
    Tyres Schwalbe Fat Albert 2,4", Nobby Nic 2,4" Evolution Line
    Cranks SRAM X9 10-speed
    Chainrings 44/33/22
    Bottom Bracket Truvativ GXP BB
    Stem Easton EA50 (31,8)
    Handlebar Easton EA50 Riser 685/20 mm
    Grips Canyon Bracelets
    Saddle Selle Italia Shiver
    Seat post Easton EA70
    Pedals none included
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    Sounds great, but we do need some piccies :)

and glad to see you're enjoying it...
  • I'll get some up asap :wink:
  • liddybird
    edited August 2011
    liddybird
  • liddybird
    edited August 2011
    Thanks mate :wink:
  • chrisjnr19
    chrisjnr19 Posts: 231
    More along these lines mate :)

325.jpg

324.jpg

327.jpg

and very tidy btw ;)
  • woodytitan
    woodytitan Posts: 163
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet bike, really cannot fault these canyons in anyway, looking good mate enjoy!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • You might want to turn the bottle cage around :wink:

Nice bike though
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Very tempted by exactly the same next year. Lovely bikes, such staggering value too! Although I must say I'd be tempted by the horrible greeny colour ;)
  • Brood
    Brood Posts: 138
    Beautiful, I'm ordering one of these AM's soon (I think/hope!)
    Canyon Nerve AM 6 2011
  • woodytitan
    Toasty wrote:
    Very tempted by exactly the same next year. Lovely bikes, such staggering value too! Although I must say I'd be tempted by the horrible greeny colour ;)

What is it about Green bikes, I want a Cannondale RZ 120-2 purely because it's "Berzerker" Green!!!!
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • toasty
    I used to own:

4689146948_c44dd58b60_z.jpg

and hideously miss it! When the green frame arrived I worried I'd made a bit of a mistake, after building it up I was dead chuffed. Sadly it was a bit short :/

The Canyon isn't quite as crazy, do like it though!

nerve-am-6_c061.jpg
  • woodytitan
    Thats more of a "Third Reich Camoufalge" Green!! :shock:
    '11 Cannondale Trail SL3
  • toasty
    I'm glad you don't work in their marketing department.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Toasty wrote:
    I used to own:

4689146948_c44dd58b60_z.jpg

and hideously miss it! When the green frame arrived I worried I'd made a bit of a mistake, after building it up I was dead chuffed. Sadly it was a bit short :/

The Canyon isn't quite as crazy, do like it though!

nerve-am-6_c061.jpg

i still question why you sold the mojo, id give an arm and a leg for my HD to be that colour!!!
  • toasty
    Because an XL Ibis Mojo is shorter than any large 140mm bike I can think of, never mind XL. Going by wheelbases:

Ibis Mojo: 1126mm

Trek Remedy: 1183
    Canyon Nerve AM: 1168 (and it gets abuse for being so short)
    Stumpjumper FSR: 1172
    Commencal Meta 55: 1155 (bit too short too really)
    Orange Five: 1160
    Yeti 575: 1178

Right over the bars downhill, wheelie up every uphill. It felt nice stood on the front end mashing, I wanted a trail bike though. :? The HD doesn't seem quite as bad, still very short. I swapped to a Pitch afterwards, for reference a SMALL Pitch has exactly the same wheelbase as an XL Mojo, crazy.
  • Santa Cruz Blur LT's are shorter 8) 1112cm
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Toasty wrote:
    Because an XL Ibis Mojo is shorter than any large 140mm bike I can think of, never mind XL. Going by wheelbases:

Ibis Mojo: 1126mm

Trek Remedy: 1183
    Canyon Nerve AM: 1168 (and it gets abuse for being so short)
    Stumpjumper FSR: 1172
    Commencal Meta 55: 1155 (bit too short too really)
    Orange Five: 1160
    Yeti 575: 1178

Right over the bars downhill, wheelie up every uphill. It felt nice stood on the front end mashing, I wanted a trail bike though. :? The HD doesn't seem quite as bad, still very short. I swapped to a Pitch afterwards, for reference a SMALL Pitch has exactly the same wheelbase as an XL Mojo, crazy.

funny you say that, because i kinda agree that the mojo has a short wheelbase, but i measured my HD140 t'other day and it came up at over 46 inches... which is chuffing long considering its medium!!! head angles about 67 with my 150 mm floats, i seem to have an special HD, its way off what they say it should be ... not that im complaining, cos it rips!!
  • Quick update.

I was at cannock chase on friday and gave the bike a good hammering. It tackled pretty much everything with ease. Next stop is wales hopefully this weekend if all goes to plan.
    All in all very pleased with the bike and very very pleased with the value for money.

I have some pics of the bike looking dirty ill put them up if I can get the img fuction to work this time.
  • photo.jpg
  • bike-1.jpg
  • toasty
    Santa Cruz Blur LT's are shorter 8) 1112cm

Tsk, well yeah, if you do literally hold me to comparing a L to an XL Mojo ;) An XL Blur LT is 1138mm. An equivalent size Blur LT is longer.