The OMG it's back to work Tuesday AM Thread!

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited August 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Maggots,

Yes, up at 4, was planning to head into Surrey this morning then decided against it.
So, made me some crumpets and a mug of tea and popped into the study to check on my downloads, all done!

I've decided I will be heading back to my bed for a three hour snooze before the alarm clock rudely disturbs me again.

Wishing you all a very good day back at the grindstone and enjoy the start of what is a much needed short week...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    on hols still.

not been to bed yet.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    nicklouse wrote:
    on hols still.

not been to bed yet.

+ potato for the first bit

Up with the kids and meant to be studying, but last nights ouzo, mythos and rum are still in the system? Oh well, only a few hours before first beer
  • Work.

Now.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    matthew h wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    on hols still.

not been to bed yet.

Up with the kids and meant to be studying, but last nights ouzo, mythos and rum are still in the system? Oh well, only a few hours before first beer

still drinking.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Well some of us had to work yesterday!
    Happy mood today as got tomorrow off to go shredding in the Surrey Hills with the Essex and Herts crew. 8)
    No Minion today so it will be quiet and i can get work done without being updated constantly about the state of Lybia. :roll:

Cleaned the bike last night while wifey was watching some celebrity xfactor or something? I did discover that baby wipes are very good for cleaning the hard to reach places, and it smells nice too :lol:

anywhoooo
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Happy mood today as got tomorrow off to go shredding in the Surrey Hills with the Essex and Herts crew. 8)
    No Minion today so it will be quiet and i can get work done without being updated constantly about the state of Lybia. :roll:

Cleaned the bike last night while wifey was watching some celebrity xfactor or something? I did discover that baby wipes are very good for cleaning the hard to reach places, and it smells nice too :lol:

anywhoooo
    I find baby wipes are also good for cleaning hard to reach places especially clag nuts....or are we talking about a different application ?
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Morning monkey spankers (but not the Northern Monkey.....though I have heard he's into that stuff).....

Today will be a day working from home so tea, toast and sausage rolls...will nob of early for a whizz around deggy....
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • tlw1
    nicklouse wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    on hols still.

not been to bed yet.

still drinking.

Hero, still studying here whilst waiting for wife to sort food
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:

anywhoooo

At work, or actually working yesterday? :lol:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    nope, no work today. no plans as of yet
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Still in bed awaiting tea and bacons.

Today shall involve tidying the garden.

Laters...
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    matthew h
    I was at work yesterday, and there was a small amount of work done
    Pudseyp
    I forgot to add, "on the bike" but i could see how there good for those hard to reach clag nuts :shock:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    morning peoples,

i have been conspicuous in my my absense this weekend as most of last week, busy busy buys at the minute.

My parents met MissK's family this weekend, a bit nervey at tim es with my dad moaning about 10% service charge and stuff, but other than that its all good.

Went to a cider orchard owned by a family member on sunday, tested some excellant stuff matured in whiskey casks, whiskey cider is awesome and thats a fact.

I have a completely free weekend this weekend and i am thinking of 1 of the following;

a) Do nothing and end up playing time crisis and/or tiger woods on the ps3 move wearing only my boxers

b) arrange t go out on the bike somewhere, but the question is where, have car will travel.

c) sleep and hit the gym
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Had a slight fail with the bike and a slow puncture yesterday, rolled my sleeves up and did my first ever rear wheel tube change. Used to have a boy who would do that for me. ah well.

Work for 4 days... and no plans to do anything. Gonna have to get that sorted pronto, I've had 2 days of my own company and to be honest, I'm a bit boring.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Hungover.

Not doing much again today, walking dogs and that's about it. I fecking hate housesitting.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Morning Fluffers,

No work for Mr. Dole Scum here for the forseeable future 8) My legs are aching again after last nights ride, so no riding till Thursday when I've got some routes planned around Box Hill which is quite hilly by Southern softy standards. Also will ldo a bit of research on decent bike lights to do some night riding now the days are getting shorter.

Not decided what to do today but fancy a curry tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    kaiser83 wrote:
    morning peoples,

i have been conspicuous in my my absense this weekend as most of last week, busy busy buys at the minute.

My parents met MissK's family this weekend, a bit nervey at tim es with my dad moaning about 10% service charge and stuff, but other than that its all good.

Went to a cider orchard owned by a family member on sunday, tested some excellant stuff matured in whiskey casks, whiskey cider is awesome and thats a fact.

I have a completely free weekend this weekend and i am thinking of 1 of the following;

a) Do nothing and end up playing time crisis and/or tiger woods on the ps3 move wearing only my boxers

b) arrange t go out on the bike somewhere, but the question is where, have car will travel.

c) sleep and hit the gym

Go riding, and do a push up day in FOD with us :p
  • Raymondavalon
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Had a slight fail with the bike and a slow puncture yesterday, rolled my sleeves up and did my first ever rear wheel tube change. Used to have a boy who would do that for me. ah well.

So, you've only ever done front tube replacements? And.. no one stopped top help you with the said task? Terrible!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello gypos.

im in my final week of leave and it all seems to be rushing past me.

just had a nice week away camping and a weekend in liverpool. got to unpa ck the car today and apart from that, im planning to do nowt.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning

So, you've only ever done front tube replacements? And.. no one stopped top help you with the said task? Terrible!
    Um.. no. I've only ever had 1 flat before now, back when I first started.
    As I've only been riding since '09 the ex used to do all the fettling when I was doing other stuff. And then when the ex departed I stopped riding because he was riding with my buddies, so combined time off due to no mates/injury has been 11 months :shock:
    Managed to limp back to the car and sorted the wheel out from the comfort of my garage.
  • Raymondavalon
    foxc_uk wrote:
    As I've only been riding since '09 the ex used to do all the fettling when I was doing other stuff. And then when the ex departed I stopped riding because he was riding with my buddies, so combined time off due to no mates/injury has been 11 months :shock:
    Managed to limp back to the car and sorted the wheel out from the comfort of my garage.[/quote]

Nothing unusual to ride alone, I do it most times as I relocated from Brizzle where I had plenty of riding buddies but not much choice in riding areas.
    Now I am in Stoke, Cannock is a 30 minute drive and I've only ever ridden there once with a friend in almost two years, although the Midlands folk at the trail are very friendly and I often tag along until I get left behind..

As for the repair thing, it soon becomes second nature and I often help fellow riders on the trail if they need help but always ask if they're okay.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Managed to limp back to the car and sorted the wheel out from the comfort of my garage.

Nothing unusual to ride alone, I do it most times as I relocated from Brizzle where I had plenty of riding buddies but not much choice in riding areas.
    Now I am in Stoke, Cannock is a 30 minute drive and I've only ever ridden there once with a friend in almost two years, although the Midlands folk at the trail are very friendly and I often tag along until I get left behind..

As for the repair thing, it soon becomes second nature and I often help fellow riders on the trail if they need help but always ask if they're okay.[/quote]

I'm fine about biking alone, problem is that I'm a little accident prone (the last ride of the year on Aug BH Monday saw me using my chin as a brake on a rock.) So if I'm gonna do anything more challenging than a blue, I should really take someone with me.
    I can't wait for the ankle to be back up to Monkey standard. Did that trail about 6 times last summer *goes off into a daydream*
  • Raymondavalon
    Foxc_uk,

You guys have some great trails in Notts, I know because I've ridden out that way
    I always do Tonya's Challenge as it usually coincides with the anniversary of me breaking my leg (late April) so I do the 30KM route as a defiance to being told I'd never ride again :¬P

Monkey? As in the Monkey trail at Cannock or another trail with the same name?
  • foxc_uk
    All I really know about is Pines unfortunately. The guys go up into the Peaks quite a bit, but unfortunately my skills/confidence meant that after my third time out I decided to get trail centre practice first!
    I didn't eve know about the Tonya's Challenge, and I went to school in Southwell! Am hoping to do the Robin Hood Challenge in October..

Indeed the Monkey at Cannock!
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    I live a few minutes away from Pines and, well, if it's not for playing on the jumps I'd rather drive over to Cannock... Or anywhere else. It's quite, quite dull.
  • foxc_uk
    I know it is, but it's a good way to rehabilitate after injuring myself. Leg isn't up to the challenges of Cannock yet...
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Afternoon

Needed to take halfday today so i could take the car to be scrapped so now have some cash in the back for some new riding kit, really i should put it towards a new vehicle but you need to prioratise in life :D

Rode the bike home for the first time after tearing my calf two weeks ago playing football, seemed to be ok on the road and flat but tryed a few small jumps and could feel it pulling so i guess it's at least another week until it'll be ready for any abuse :(

Gonna go hit the PS3 for a bit then chill out watching 3 minute gaps
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Chin up Foxc, you ll be mended and shredding again soon!

Spent all day playing with pwetty colours and penthils (sic) drawing my Depositional model for my latest project. There is not a problem in Geology that can't be solved by some coloured pencils! Starting to see a path in front of me now so am quite chuffed with todays work!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • foxc_uk
    ddraver wrote:
    Chin up Foxc, you ll be mended and shredding again soon!
    I know... but I'm impatient. I want to go NOW dammit!
    Plus the blue trail at Pines is seriously boring after your 4th go round...