Hirschegg Austria

jonomc
jonomc Posts: 7
edited August 2011 in MTB general
Anyone ever been to Hirschegg in Austria? I'm heading there with work later this month and was wondering if there was anywhere to hire a bike and what the riding is like, plus any other local knowledge would be useful.

Comments

• Never been down there, but i'm about 70km north of you in a town called St. Pölten. there is a bike park about a 2 hour drives from you which does full lift access, bike rental and full face rental for 106 a day, the place is called Semmering. If you fancy making the trip up to St. Pölten, i'm sure i'd be able to find a bike to sort out for the afternoon if you fancied a nice 60km ride?
  • Never been down there, but i'm about 70km north of you in a town called St. Pölten. there is a bike park about a 2 hour drives from you which does full lift access, bike rental and full face rental for 106 a day, the place is called Semmering. If you fancy making the trip up to St. Pölten, i'm sure i'd be able to find a bike to sort out for the afternoon if you fancied a nice 60km ride?
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Not purposly hijacking the thread but im off to Mayrhofen on weds next week for a week can u tell me anything about the place MountainMonster?

Im hugely excited anyways so im gon enjoy myself whatever :D:D
  • jayson wrote:
    Not purposly hijacking the thread but im off to Mayrhofen on weds next week for a week can u tell me anything about the place MountainMonster?

Im hugely excited anyways so im gon enjoy myself whatever :D:D

There is a huge national park about 40km east of there, and if I remember well, just about an hour with train away with a bikepark in the village of Kitzbühl. Innsbruck is a lovely town, and not too far away either.

While your here in Austria, be sure to order a Cordon Bleu if you arn't too stressy about diet, and order a Stiegl Beer to accompany it. Can't EVER go wrong with that combo if you ask me!