Glaswegians - Which shop?

McTiger
McTiger Posts: 23
edited August 2011 in Road beginners
Which bike shop has the best rep in Glasgow? I want to get a bike repaired and another serviced & wheels trued but who to trust? Dales? Evans? Alpine?
TIA

Comments

• Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 72
    If you're to the north of Glasgow, Wheelcraft at Clachan of Campsie will do general servicing and repairs but are renowned for Al's wheel expertise - I wouldn't go anywhere else. Solid Rock at Balmore are also good. In town there's a new place - Rig on West Regent St for which I've heard good reports.
  • Barbes
    Barbes Posts: 72
    If you're to the north of Glasgow, Wheelcraft at Clachan of Campsie will do general servicing and repairs but are renowned for Al's wheel expertise - I wouldn't go anywhere else. Solid Rock at Balmore are also good. In town there's a new place - Rig on West Regent St for which I've heard good reports.
  • Cyclelane in East Kilbride or Clarkson.
  • McTiger
    McTiger Posts: 23
    thanks peeps
  • I'd say Billy Bilsland's if it's not too late.
  • themightyw
    themightyw Posts: 409
    Surely this is a joke thread. Glaswegians don't actually BUY things, they just steal them from people on the East coast.
  • I've always used Dales. Occasionally use Gear on Gibson street (west end), they're friendly and reasonable but it's a small shop so usually take ages to do stuff.
  • I have used Cycle Lane and Gear of Glasgow both have gave good service.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Willy Bain is a cracking mechanic. Pretty busy though. Billy Bilsand and Cycle Lane also recommened.