evoc bike bag - airline size problem?

oliver261
oliver261 Posts: 11
edited August 2011 in MTB general
anyone traveled with the above? or had a similar prob with other bags?

im travelling on BA but just realised its bigger than that allowed

130 cm x 80 cm x 27 cm according to website - bit bigger by my measurement.
160 x 75 x 65 max according to BA.

only about 3 inches in it but you know how airlines are with luggage allowances now. anyone had and problems/successes, id be gutted to have to faff around getting it sent home.

cheers

oliver

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I have flown with BA and others using my ageing Planet X bike bag which is bigger than your listed dimensions and had no problems.

BA site says this about cycle carriage - so as long as its a recognised bag you should be good.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cheers for the re-assurance paul.
  • The 5cm extra in one direction won't make a problem, I highly doubt they are going to stop and measure the bag if it is a normal sized bike bag.

Have you registered it as a bike bag with BA, or just as another suitcase?
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i have been traveling with bikes for the last 4 years and have not had any problems.
    got 2 evoc bike bags last year done 3 trips to canada with them had no problems at either end i always prepay my cycle carrage before i travel to make life easier at the airport,,... i always flown with canadian affair (thomascook airlines)..

just make sure your with in the weight limmit thats the only trouble i encounterd having to swap bits from bag to bag to even the weight out....
  • dmorton
    dmorton Posts: 244
    Ring BA and ask? There's a good chance they'll know :lol:

Personally I'd never fly with BA again. Their baggage rules seem to differ to everyone else for no obvious reason. I booked a flight with Qantas but due to code sharing (One World or whatever it's called) actually ended up on a BA flight. Qantas's baggage rules suited me fine and I assumed BA's would be identical due to the code share....not at all....so also check your flight is definitely going to be a BA one too, you might have booked it with them but could end up on another carrier's flight