Felt DA TT rig

Pokerface
Pokerface Posts: 7,960
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
Just about finished the build of my new TT machine.

2011 Felt DA
Sram Red front and rear mechs
Sram R2C shifters
Sram 900 Carbon levers
Adamo TT saddle
Bontrager Speed Bottle
Zipp 900 Disc
Generic Carbon front wheel (being replaced with Zipp 800 Firecrest)
3T Aura Base bar with carbon arm rests
Zipp Vuka Extensions
Dura Ace SRM with Rotor Q-Rings
Garmin 500
Look Keo Carbon Pedals with Ti Spindles

Pics:

Felt1.jpg
Felt2.jpg
Felt3.jpg
Felt4.jpg
Felt6.jpg
Felt8.jpg

Comments

• nice, i like very much :)

instead of the mini irish valve cover, you should get one of them whole disc stickers with the irish flag on it, with green on the inside, and white and orange towards the edge, then when it spins round the whole wheel is the flag! :lol:

that is assuming that zipp aren't your sponsors haha.....
  • When you are riding it, do people say: "Too much machine, not enough man"?
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Looks busy, maybe needs a white background. Looks fast. Good luck with it!

The flag looks italiano (it's quite red) but I suppose C Lynch is Irish?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Pokerface
    When you are riding it, do people say: "Too much machine, not enough man"?

Nope. But I'm pretty sure your wife said something like that about your performance in the bedroom.
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 169
    Pokerface wrote:

Nope. But I'm pretty sure your wife said something like that about your performance in the bedroom.

LOL
  • Errorist wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

LOL

+1
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Haha owned.

Lovely bike Colin. Don't rotor say that the Q-rings can cause the readings on an SRM to be out a little?? Or have I just made that up?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Pokerface
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Haha owned.

Lovely bike Colin. Don't rotor say that the Q-rings can cause the readings on an SRM to be out a little?? Or have I just made that up?

Been researching this myself. Varying reports - and waiting on an answer from SRM UK - but as they now sell the Q-Rings (officially) as part of an SRM package - I would suspect the answer is 'no'.

Even if the readings are out- they would be out consistently - and consistent power readings (whether high or low) is what SRM is all about.

And to FransJacques - it's an Irish flag, not an Italian one. (Although they do look similar)
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    WOW - amazing looking bike. Hope your training and preparation all goes to plan 8)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Errorist wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

LOL

+1

:) Priceless

Lovely looking bike
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Errorist wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

LOL

+1

:) Priceless

Lovely looking bike
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Looks quick.

Also, surely the front brake doesn't work.. There's about an inch between the pad and the rim!
  • Do all the logos make up for a lack of anything? Like speed.

You gotta be good to ride a bike like that ... National Champ level, I'd say.
  • Pokerface
    Do all the logos make up for a lack of anything? Like speed.

How about World Cup winner? Will that do? :roll:

Fwckwit. I ride at an elite level for a National team.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Nice bike, looks mean as f00k

Would look a whole lot better in the big ring though :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Pokerface wrote:

How about World Cup winner? Will that do? :roll:

Fwckwit. I ride at an elite level for a National team.

He knows! His posts are mostly deliberately wrong. They have to be :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786

Do all your posts make up for the lack of anything? Like a life.
  • super sweet bike!

what happened to your other bike? im sure you had another one..
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Pokerface
    super sweet bike!

what happened to your other bike? im sure you had another one..

Sold the frame and upgraded to this one.
  • How much faster does this feel than your old bike? Have you felt (haha) any differences between the two?
  • How much faster does this feel than your old bike? Have you felt (haha) any differences between the two?

that's some gentle comedy :lol:
  • Pokerface
    How much faster does this feel than your old bike? Have you felt (haha) any differences between the two?

It's stiffer. But it's also a size smaller so suits me better. Of course these results are subjective - but did the exact same tim on my local 10 course 2 weeks in a row - on the 2 different bikes. The difference being the second week (new bike), it was much windier and would normally have gone much slower (everyone else did).

Also bested my PB on a local 25 course by 2 minutes this week on the new bike.

We're probably talking about 'marginal gains' in reality, but every second counts for me.
  • That is one god damn fine machine, would love a DA instead of my Transition
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Lovely looking machine, i wish i had the speed to put one of those to use :lol:

Quick question. When you buy a new TT frame are you just looking for a change because you can or are you hoping to gain a bit of performance as a newer model has had some sort of upgrade to improve performace ?
  • Pokerface
    colsoop wrote:
    Lovely looking machine, i wish i had the speed to put one of those to use :lol:

Quick question. When you buy a new TT frame are you just looking for a change because you can or are you hoping to gain a bit of performance as a newer model has had some sort of upgrade to improve performace ?

I upgraded the frame (and a few other bits) to try and squeeze extra seconds out of it. I lost a World Cup TT this year by 0.4 of a second - so if a better/lighter/stiffer/more aero frame gives me an extra advantage - I'll take it.
  • Pokerface
    Added the Firecrest ZIpp 808 front wheel plus some ceramic bearings in the disc wheel and bottom bracket and took it for a spin on a fast '10' course yesterday. Sub-22 mins and over 45 seconds off my PB. Not a bad day at the office.
  • pjm300
    pjm300 Posts: 58
    awesome :D
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    it's like you crept into my brain and stole my dream bike....simply awesome.

can we have some updated pics please?
  • very, very nice. Wondering though, why the removal of di2 and the installation of red - purely a weight thing?
  • Pokerface
    jonbristol wrote:
    very, very nice. Wondering though, why the removal of di2 and the installation of red - purely a weight thing?

I simply purchased the frame and built it up with parts I already had. (Couldn't afford the Di2 stuff).