Gravity Dropper - only 27.2mm uppy-downy seatpost?

phz
phz Posts: 478
edited September 2011 in MTB general
Or are there others?

Liking the idea of a dropper seatpost but my Mr Hyde has a weird seatpost size (30.4 as far as I can find out) so obviously most of the current dropper posts won't fit (which for the sake of half a mm is pretty irritating).

Looks like unless I want a new frame too it's shim down to 27.2.

slainte :?: rob

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Pure race do the I7 post in 27.2mm and I believe they may have an new, updated version coming out soon
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    KS i7?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ks-i7-suspension-seat-post-with-integrated-lever/#more

EDIT: Ah, dammit, beat me to it whilst I was searching for it :lol:
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    x-fusion also do the HiLo in 27.2mm, merlin had some a while back.

I've got a Mr Hyde too and i'm as baffled as you that they didn't spec a more widely used seatpost size...
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Thinking that as I like the Mr Hyde, I'n going to shim and probably get an i7 with remote.

Might look a bit shonky with a skinny post on such a cartoon fat frame (especially with the forks I run), but form follows function I guess?

slainte :lol: rob
  • gt si
    gt si Posts: 73
    hi mate, i run my orange 5with an i7 post, had it about a year, i dont sleeve it with an innertube or anything to keep it clean, and i havnt (as yet) serviced it . havnt had a single issue with it at all, only thing that niggles me is the remote switch is pretty stiff to push down when dropping the post. minor niggle for a great piece of kit.