LEE QUARRY sunday 28th august

kinmofo
kinmofo Posts: 172
edited August 2011 in MTB rides
i'll be heading up there, getting there at around 8:30 am. anyone fancy joining? im not fussed about the weather on the day, i ride in all conditions.

i would like to find the route over to crag quarry is it? i've been lee quarry quite a few times but never found that other quarry.

im from mrc city center, and can fit another 2 people and thier bikes in the car including my self and my own, so if anyone fancy's a lift just let me know.
I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I will be up there from 8:30 Gonna session table tops for a bit then head on out over the trails, can show you the way to cragg np just give me a time to meet at say the skills section and we can head out from there.

Will be on a Bronze Giant Reign.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • kinmofo
    just me and 1mancity2 is it then?

come on guys :)

(sneeky bump :) )

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • I might be there but i cannot say for certain, it depends where takes my fancy and how much fuel i can afford :D and also whether i can be arsed to index my gears properly tomorrow night or on Saturday.

If I'm there I'll be on the mmmbop looking like an over-biked, over geared idiot :P (just shout north at me or call me rude names i answer to anything.)
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • im just aswel pop along im feeling brave, and im fitting some nice new nukeproof goodies onto my bike , so it would be a good run out. ive got the black and lime GT my pedals are also green and so is my camelbak, so you should spot me a mile off. hahaha.
  • 1mancity2
    Look for a black pickup in the car park around 8:30
  • does anyone know a post code for me sat nav? cheers.
  • kinmofo
    there is a business park right near the carpark, thier address is

Futures Park
    Bacup
    OL13 0BB

once u find that place ur sorted. u cant miss carpark. once u turned in u should be able to see all cars and people

and please, everyone remember to take your litter home. thanks :)

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • bah half 8 is way too early! Think i'll hit the trail about half 9! Better not be raining. How hard is the track across to cragg quarry?

I tried it last time i was there about a year ago but it was still being built, was an absoulte bugger to do so turned back and just stayed at Lee.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • really looking forward to this now according to the post code though ive got a 55 min drive(oh well), just got all my stuff ready :lol: and i best get my knee pads out i think im gonna need them.

see you tomorrow, oh and ive got a silver honda civic, see you 8:30AM .
  • 55 minutes, that's nothing, mines near 2 hours.. :D Worth it IMO though.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • kinmofo
    north-sure wrote:
    55 minutes, that's nothing, mines near 2 hours.. :D Worth it IMO though.

he says, as he quibbles over an hour or so, cmon north. everyone else can make it ;)

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo
    just to say a big thanks to 1mancity2 for coming and bringing a friend, and chemical viking, hope the puncture and the "fainting" hehehe :lol:;) didn't put you off. today was Really good fun. i had a top time, im pretty sure everyone else did. thanks again for coming guys. lets make it bigger with more riders on saturday!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • 1mancity2
    Had a great ride, can't make saturday going kirby lonsdale but can do friday afternoon up gisburn.
  • I would have made it for half 8, had I not forgotton my helmet, remember half of the way there so I decided to turning round and go home! :oops:

Made it back eventually and had a cracking ride!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • it was a great ride yesterday and lee quary is deffo a cool place and cant wait to go again. only just recovered now , i think :lol: cheers guys hope we can do it again soon.
  • kinmofo
    north-sure wrote:
    I would have made it for half 8, had I not forgotton my helmet, remember half of the way there so I decided to turning round and go home! :oops:

i always clip it onto my backpack, and hook that on my bike. do all that night before. cant forget nothing then ;)

we're headin gisburn forest on sunday if u fancy joining us this time north? what time did u get to LQ for then in the end? we got back to carpark around 11:30 / 12:00

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • kinmofo wrote:
    north-sure wrote:
    I would have made it for half 8, had I not forgotton my helmet, remember half of the way there so I decided to turning round and go home! :oops:

i always clip it onto my backpack, and hook that on my bike. do all that night before. cant forget nothing then ;)

we're headin gisburn forest on sunday if u fancy joining us this time north? what time did u get to LQ for then in the end? we got back to carpark around 11:30 / 12:00

I must have just missed you then cos I think I got going around 11:15, probably reached the top of the hill as you lot were buggering off, was yours the pick up with green writing on?

I'll see about sunday, should be able to. Havn't been up there for a while.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • 1mancity2
    My pick up has coloured squares (one is green) with white writing.