Superstar Braided Hoses...

jasonm945
jasonm945 Posts: 134
edited August 2011 in MTB buying advice
Anyone bought the SS Braided Hoses, are they any good? Need to replace the black hose on my Hopes and don't fancy paying £60 for Goodridge or Hope!

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    "Braided" hoses offer no advantages. The default black ones are braided kevlar, so...
  • Is that true? I read a lot of manufacturers technical gumf, which i mainly ignore, and reviews which state that braided hoses add feel and power and save weight and blah blah

I ask as i'm considering Hope X2's and was wondering if the extra £30 for braided hoses was honestly worth it for anything other than bling factor?

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    A lot of reveiws are full of guff, and a lot of reviewers buy all the marketing crap they're fed.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    ... and save weight ...

Really? that I cannot believe at all!
  • jasonm945
    jasonm945 Posts: 134
    I was under the impression that braided hoses resisted expansion better than the plain black hoses that hope supply as standard?

Jay
  • Is that true? I read a lot of manufacturers technical gumf, which i mainly ignore, and reviews which state that braided hoses add feel and power and save weight and blah blah

I ask as i'm considering Hope X2's and was wondering if the extra £30 for braided hoses was honestly worth it for anything other than bling factor?

SRAM will have you believe that their gears are amazing... I have found them to be sh!t...

Don't believe everything you read or see on promo adverts!

Same applies to everything!
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I've got the standard Superstar hoses which are pretty good and so is the fitting kit. Go for it