1st adult hybrid 4 family days out?

spidee
spidee Posts: 2
Hi there,

Glad I found you guys you seem to know a lot about bikes :wink: My daughter has just learnt to ride so we thought we would try doing some family cycles around our area as we've had some cycle paths developed where I live.

Anyways so I'm looking at a hybrid and want to be able to put panniers on it. So far only looked at the Carreras and Apollos in Halfords (as they are on sale!) Carrera was a lovely ride! Also had an offer on a Landrover hybrid for £70 (I didn't even know Landrover made bikes)

Does anyone have any recommendations or advice, especially on maybe picking up a secondhand one? Budget as little as possible but no more than £200.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ince
    ince Posts: 289
    Hi Spidee

I have had a carrera subway 2 in the past. First bike I started commuting on and in my opinion a good place to start for the money.

My only experience with Apollos was a £100 mountain bike I won. Not the best and very heavy.

There are a lot of variations of the Hybrid out there, the Trek 7 series always seems to get good reviews by owners so may be worth a look as a second hand buy.