Trail centres en route to Manchester

robinhood
robinhood Posts: 74
edited August 2011 in Routes
Morning all,

I'm heading up to Manchester in the next few weeks or so and was thinking about doing a trail centre loop to break the journey up a bit. I'll be travelling up from Cardiff and i know Cannock Chase is on the way but not sure if there are any shower facilities? :?

Any ideas or is there anywhere else not too far off course?
cheers

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    No showers at Cannock Chase. Plenty of service stations have showers though.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    you got lee quaarry just past manchester, in a tiny place called bacup. then about as far again from manchester u got gisburn forest.

lee quarry is good. its my regular place.

never been gizzy, would love to go sometime though.

you can check youtube for video's of both places.
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS
  • all 3 mentioned don't have shower facilities i'm afraid
  • all 3 mentioned don't have shower facilities i'm afraid
  • Cheers for your help,

Yeah I was thinking about Lee Quarry, but as Ricardo said, I know they don't have shower facilities there

Might have to go with the service station idea!
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Get yourself a camping shower around £10 (presuming your in a car/van) and away you go. If its nice and sunny leave outside so the sun will warm it up.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    it's not exactly on the way but if you went up either through the middle of wales or up through hereford & shrewsbury you could stop at llandegla.

it's not 'on the way' but it's not a million miles out of the way either :D i go there on the way to chester regularly. takes about 3hrs 30 mins from cardiff and then another 1hr 30 mins onto manchester :D