BMC SLX01

dp_1410
dp_1410 Posts: 168
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Hi guys,

Picked this up on eBay with very little use, and got a great price on it. Added a lot on and now feel its finally done!

img0812ho.jpg

Frame: BMC SLX01 2009 61cm
Forks: BMC Easton carbon forks
Bars: Scor (own brand BMC) Oversize and 44 cm
Stem: Pro lite carbon 100mm

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra SL
Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra SL
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra SL
Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra SL

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra SL
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra SL
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra SL

Seat: Specialized Toupe 143mm
Seat Post: Integrated

Cranks: Shimano Ultegra 6750 New glossy grey
Chainring(s): 50/34
Chain: Shimano Ultegra
Cassette: Shimano 105 5700 11-28
Pedals: Look keo 2 max white
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra SL

Front Wheel: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL
Tube: Vittoria Superlight
Tire: Continental GP4000s

Back Wheel: Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL
Tube: Vittoria Superlight
Tire: Continental GP4000s

Accessories:
Token Chain catcher
Garmin Edge 605

Absolutely love the bike. Great value for what i've put in compared to buying new. Proof eBay can be trusted!

Think i followed most of the OCD things, be kind guys!!

Comments

• nice! i've always loved bmc's, how much did you pay? if you don't mind me asking
  • dp_1410
    £1200 with Planet X R50's

All in with everything i've done its well under £1700. Cant fault it. And its nice to own something a little different. And wow when it gets going it flys!!
  • :shock: really?! you couldn't even buy a new aluminium bike with ultegra for that! nice work! why have you got cosmics on instead of the r50s? i'd have thought the r50s were lighter and better?
  • dp_1410
    The R50's were great and very light.

However I do a lot of Sportive riding and tubs doesn't seem the best idea. They may be about 400-500 heavier but i find them fast, and there doesn't seem to be too much of a penalty.

Tubs will come back in time though, when funds allow and when racing may be on the agenda.... :)
  • ahh fair shout. that's alot of bike though. everyone's still waiting for planet x to make carbon clinchers (inc me!). didn't even know you could get hold of the dark grey ultegra so soon as well lol
  • dp_1410
    Yeah thats why i went for the Cosmics. The wheels were great but tubs are just a bit too much of a liability. Clinchers from there would sell even better im sure!

I had to wait a while to get it but they're slowly filtering in now. Had to go for that due to the difficulty of getting things to match properly with the SL finish. The 6700 cranks are far stiffer though than the 6600 i was running before. Needed the compact too ;)
  • the cranks are amazing...they look really good from the non drive side. it's like they've got a type of aero ramping to it. your shifters don't look ice grey? they look like 7800s?!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    :shock: really?! you couldn't even buy a new aluminium bike with ultegra for that!

You can by a Ribble Evo Pro Carbon with Ultegra for £1200 :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    :shock: really?! you couldn't even buy a new aluminium bike with ultegra for that!

You can by a Ribble Evo Pro Carbon with Ultegra for £1200 :wink:

£1245 :wink:
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Love BMC's, can't ever see myself using anything else
  • dp_1410
    the cranks are amazing...they look really good from the non drive side. it's like they've got a type of aero ramping to it. your shifters don't look ice grey? they look like 7800s?!

They are definately the SL shifters, must just be the light. Would love the hidden cables of the newer editions, cant justify that yet though....
  • dp_1410 wrote:
    the cranks are amazing...they look really good from the non drive side. it's like they've got a type of aero ramping to it. your shifters don't look ice grey? they look like 7800s?!

They are definitely the SL shifters, must just be the light. Would love the hidden cables of the newer editions, cant justify that yet though....

looked like they had the dura-ace writing on the corner, must just be the light! planet x had some going for £200 a few weeks ago, sale probably ended now though. the new style is veeeeeerrrryyyyyy chunky compared to the old ones (i have the 6700s now) but they're definitely more comfortable, for my likewise chunky hands anyway!
  • dp_1410
    yeah they are definitely going to be the next "non essential" purchase. especially now you have said that...i have chunky hands too lol!!

anyways they are still a big improvement on my sora shifters from the last 4 years of riding :)
  • it would be a good buy imo. obvs a "pay day treat"/"impulse sale buy" though.