Miche Primato Hubs

guity
guity Posts: 113
edited August 2011 in Road buying advice
I am looking at hubs to use with the stans a340 rim and one I have been suggested is the Mich Primato. I have never heard of the brand and wondered if anyone has any experience of them. There doesnt seem to be much information on them via google either.

The other option is Hope pro III but They are quite a bit more expensive. What I want to avoid is a hub that requires regular servicing in the same way a shimano hub would because I like to spend more time riding than doing maintenance!

Cheers

Comments

• derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Miche - French company that have been around longer than I have - and that's a long time :D Have two pairs of wheel built around Miche Primato hubs and never had any bother.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I think you'll find Miche are Italian and have a long-term association with Campagnolo. I have a pair of Miche Primato track and road hubs - simple design with easy to service cartridge bearings that have never caused me any problems. Another option is NovaTech - an OEM who also build make branded hubs for the likes of Ambrosio. Given that you're looking at Stans 340 rims, you might want something lighter? Finally, the Stans rims are notoriously flexy so make sure your build quality is spot-on.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    What about this Ultralight Road Hubset from bikehubstore? I have the front one of these that I used when I built up my Chinese carbon rims. Its super-light, looks great and looks like it's well sealed.

The Ultralight hubset is almost 200g lighter than the Primato set for almost the same price.
    More problems but still living....
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    derosa wrote:
    Miche - French company that have been around longer than I have - and that's a long time :D Have two pairs of wheel built around Miche Primato hubs and never had any bother.

You're probably getting confused because the full name of the Italian family that run Miche is Michelin - they shortened their company name to Miche to avoid confusion with the french tyre company!
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • blackhands
    blackhands Posts: 950
    I've got some Miche hubs which must be over 30 years old and are in fact engraved Michelin.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I've got some Miche wheels

They say "made in Italy" on them
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    So you're basically looking for a hub fitted with cartridge bearings? What about the Planet X units?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    Thanks for the replies, The reason I have asked about Miche in particular is that I am looking to get the wheels from justridingalong.co.uk as I know they have experience with these rims and have bought mtb wheels from them in the past. The two options they suggested to me were hope pro 3's and the Miche. The Novatech and ultralight options sound good but I dont know where I could get them built up for a similar price!