Man dies falling off bike......................

getprg
getprg Posts: 245
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It's the glen quaich road, goes over 500m with a steep nasty descent into Kenmore, you could speculate that the descent was the cause but it would be just speculation. The outcome doesn't change whatever, RIP
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Sad news indeed. I've cycled that road many times in the past.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

-Spider-
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    getprg wrote:

Not really puzzling at all.
    Impact to heid or chest nae guid for you baith possible in a fa'.

Although on reading it was the Kenmore to Amulree road the instant assumption is it's was the descent into Kenmore.

RIP
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Initial thoughts:-

Heart attack going up the climb.

Too fast into a corner on the descent.

The last time I did that road my hand and arms were in more pain than my legs from being on the brakes for miles. I found the descent harder than the climb! :shock:
    Downhill, sharp corners wet roads and leaves all combine for a dangerous few miles.

R.I.P. and sympathies to his friends and family.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Report says he was going northbound so that's Amulree to Kenmore, so down the hill.
    Has there not been 2 other fatal falls reported in the news in that area the last couple of years?

I can't remember which car I drove over that way in, suspect it was the SAAB, tough drive going south from Kenmore.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    Makes a lot more sense than the BBC when people who know the road and perils explain it.

My thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    nwallace wrote:
    Report says he was going northbound so that's Amulree to Kenmore, so down the hill.
    Has there not been 2 other fatal falls reported in the news in that area the last couple of years?

I can't remember which car I drove over that way in, suspect it was the SAAB, tough drive going south from Kenmore.

I appreciate what you are saying but you have to climb up the the hill before the descent so it could equally be up the hill. Bad reporting in my view. It could be any choice of health issues, ill judged cycling or hit & run. Clarity is required. Saying that he was wearing a helmet adds little to the report.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    According to the Edinburgh Evening News it was a head injury.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!