Trek Madone 4.7

TomA
TomA Posts: 60
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Possibly looking to sell...can anyone help me with how much roughly?

Frame: Trek Madone 4.7
Bars: Planet X Nanolight Carbon (white)
Stem: 3T ARX Team Stem

Brake Levers Lever: Shimano 105
Front Caliper: 105
Rear Caliper: 105

Front Mech: 105
Rear Mech: 105

Seat: Selle Italia SLR
Seat Post: 3T Dorico

Cranks: 105
Chainring(s): Compact 50/34
Chain: 105
Cassette: 11/27 shimano 105
Pedals: Look Keo
Bottom Bracket: Shimano 105

Wheels: Dura Ace WH-7850 C24 Clincher
Tire: Mavic SSC

Accessories: Garmin Edge 705.

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/tompadams/My%20Bike/

Comments

• canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    photoooo
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Love it.

Those Enve wheels look awesome on it.
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    Holey crap, that a carbon seat post taking the strain of all that gear? Impressive!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Excellent!
    Love the panniers for a trip to Germany- is that the Topeak QR rack and luggage? I'm trying to persuade a colleague to use such on his Specialized Tarmac for his Euro-jaunt later tgis month instead of the Bergen backpack.
  • Fixing panniers onto that Madone like you did should be a crime.
  • DrLex wrote:
    Love the panniers for a trip to Germany- is that the Topeak QR rack and luggage? I'm trying to persuade a colleague to use such on his Specialized Tarmac for his Euro-jaunt later tgis month instead of the Bergen backpack.

If you had thoroughbred horse that was a flat racing sensation, would you take it to the park so that the kids could have donkey rides?
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    edited August 2011
    DrLex wrote:

If you had thoroughbred horse that was a flat racing sensation, would you take it to the park so that the kids could have donkey rides?

Why, yes; yes I would. Although a steeplechaser, both my children have ridden on Denman, thanks to one of the owners. Now answer me this, if you had intelligence and grace, would all your posts here be either rude or attempts to troll?
  • CIMG3682.jpg

lush!

and what's with berk?...period pains....
  • geoff93
    geoff93 Posts: 190
    Work out what you spent on it, and halve it. Thats pretty normal if it's in good condition.
    Geoff
    Trek Madone 3.5 (RS80s, Arione)
    Trek Madone 3.1 (Upgraded)
    Ribble TT Bike
    Trek Mamba (Garry Fisher Collection)
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Geoff93 wrote:
    Work out what you spent on it, and halve it. Thats pretty normal if it's in good condition.
    Geoff

Yep, people hate that - but it's true.

I knew a guy who spent about £1k (or his mum did anyway) when he was a really good junior swimmer - needed something to keep fit in the offseason.

Ater about 5 years his mum told me they were thinking of selling it and asked me what I thought. She wasn't very happy when I said they might get £250 for it. She was expecting to get more like £800.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • TomA
    TomA Posts: 60
    As for the whole pannier rack saga going on...I used an ally seat post. Geez i'd never stick that rack (and yes it is the topeak QR beam rack, MTX with the side pannier bits as an extra, along with luggage and tent and mini cooker etc!!) on a carbon post!

Taking it to germany was awesome. some of the looks i got were unreal. people gawping at the awesome-ness of a carbon racer packed to the gunnels cruising along at high speeds. I loved every minute of it!
    .... and what ever, i built it for riding. i cant afford 2 bikes so panniers on, and off i went! A great trip apart from the rubbish rain in early july!

The ENVE wheels, were also great. a week in the french alps at the begining of august...testing these out for a day...they were fast, but i dont think i got the full benefit of them as i only had them a day. They did look proper bling though didnt they!!!