People from Norfolk, Norwich

CheeseEatingSurrenderMonk
edited August 2011 in MTB rides
Hello, first post :)

I'm from the really hilly part of East Anglia called Norfolk. Sometimes all these hills in my area just get to much so I'm looking at going somewhere more subdued.

I'm looking for some riding buddies to go further a field like Cannock etc

Just really seeing who's out there from this part that would be interested.

Thanks, James.

Comments

• Hi, first reply!

I live near Diss and can never find any one to ride with. I`m definitely up for more interesting riding than Thetford! I can go pretty much anytime as having no dependants at all.
  • BeardedDave
    BeardedDave Posts: 1,977
    Hi guys. Check out the linked forum, in my signature. We're based all over East Anglia, although there's a fair few in and around Norwich (I live just down the road, in Wymondham). We have regular rides at Thetford most weekends (9am this saturday, if you're interested?), but also have a few rides further afield. A couple of the guys on the forum are regulars in the Surrey Hills and we often meet up with them down there. There's also sometimes rides organised for Wales or Scotland and some of us did Long Mynd and Cannock a couple of months ago and plan to go back again fairly soon. Feel free to post on the forum. It may look a bit empty at the moment, but we recently had a change of admin/domain name, so lost all our old posts.
    East Anglia Biking Collective!
    http://www.easternbikemonkeys.co.uk/forum/
  • I was starting to think no one from my way went on here! Ollie would be cool to go somewhere else as Thetford certainly gets a bit tedious after a while. Dave I'm from Wymondham, live on hearts farm! Can I ask your age range? As it would be cool to ride with people my age, 19 but I'm not fussed!
  • BeardedDave
    I know Hearts Farm, have a couple of friends that live there. I live kind of on the outskirts of Wym, as you go out towards Attleborough. Nice to hear there's another Wymondham rider on here. :)
    I'm 32, and most of the guys on the forum I linked to are of a similar age. But I wouldn't worry about that, it's fair to say we don't act our age! :wink:

What bits of Thetford do you ride? Do you stick to the red and black routes or have you checked out the trails that aren't signposted?
  • Ill deffo have to come for a ride! Im busy this weekend but Ill look when you are on the forum.

Ive just stuck to the red and black routes. Is there more?
  • BeardedDave
    Ill deffo have to come for a ride! Im busy this weekend but Ill look when you are on the forum.

Ive just stuck to the red and black routes. Is there more?

Loads more mate! And stuff that's a lot better than the majority of the red and black. You'll definitely have to come out with us, so you can see what else is out there. I'm riding there this weekend, but away the next weekend, but should be around the few weekends following that. Oh and I'm 'Davey Gravy' on the other forum, if you post on there!
  • Sounds fab! Ill speak to you in there!
  • Rybes
    Rybes Posts: 110
    bout right aint it. look for ages for somewhere near norwich to ride and never found anythin good. move to denmark and i find this :roll: ive now got the same prob here :lol:
    2004 cinder cone, grey
    madison prime seat
    3 inch handle bar risers
    bg comfort grips
    lidl seat pack
    diamond back pedals
    2009 reba sl's
    more to come......
  • BeardedDave
    Rybes wrote:
    bout right aint it. look for ages for somewhere near norwich to ride and never found anythin good. move to denmark and i find this :roll: ive now got the same prob here :lol:

Sorry mate, used to come on this forum a lot but haven't been on it for quite some time, up until the last couple of weeks. If you end up back Norwich way, you know where to find us now... :wink:
  • Rybes
    Rybes Posts: 110
    thats ok mate. only found the forum a few weeks ago after i dusted me bike of from bein in the back of the garage for a few years. if i come back over tho, ill be in touch :D
    2004 cinder cone, grey
    madison prime seat
    3 inch handle bar risers
    bg comfort grips
    lidl seat pack
    diamond back pedals
    2009 reba sl's
    more to come......
  • snowden_88
    snowden_88 Posts: 174
    Heya,

Iv just started riding. Im in Ashill near Watton :)
    "it's like a gift, you know? It's like I can't control it"
  • We should have some big meet up with people from this area at Thetford Forest one weekend soon?
  • KitsuneAndy
    KitsuneAndy Posts: 164
    We should have some big meet up with people from this area at Thetford Forest one weekend soon?

Well, there's usually a ride organised for every weekend over on http://ificantrideit.buffer.uk.com/index.php

I've only been out with the guys a couple of times, but always had a good laugh and been made to feel welcome.
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    Have either of you checked out HOLT ?. I just came back from visiting friends and there seamed to be a good couple of places, holt country park i think it was called.