Opps, think I may have drunk eBayed the wrong wheels.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
On the look out for some new wheels for general all purpose, not too serious road use.

Last night after a few beers I placed a bid on some 90mm full carbon tubular wheels.

So far I'm still the winning bidder and if I do win I will of course honor the contract and pay in full.

But I can't help thinking they are not the most practical wheels for the average everyday rider.

I keep checking and hoping I get outbid, but so far with 6 hours to go I'm still winning by quite a margin.

Please can someone tell me I'm not the only person to have done this. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Even if I was proper drunk I'd not be able to do that.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Most ebay auctions only get going in the last few minutes so there's still time.

I've never bought off ebay while p*ssed (too many passwords for ebay log-in, Paypal log-in etc) but the 'Buy With One Click' button an Amazon has yielded many an 'interesting' (ie sh*te) result in the Monday post.
  • Anonymous
    Phew, just been outbid -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160636598672&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

They look like very good wheels. Just not right for me. My max bid was £403. I'm now thinking if I had got them for that I could have made some cash on them.

I also agree the Amazon 'One Click' ordering is a bit too easy late at night. Also, they pick/ship so quickly if you login the next morning and try and cancel the order it's too late. They're on to us. ;)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I bet your relieved, why not have a few beers to celebrate.
  • silly bugger! BUY THEM! they are stunning!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Cheap chinese fakes, badged as Easton's, you can get the same wheels direct from china cheaper than that.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I'm pretty sure you'd be able to refuse purchase under distance selling regs.

Even if eBay t's and c's prevent you from refusing in theory, your statutory rights always take precedent. That's if your statutory rights apply.....

Anyway, don't matter now.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Oops. I'd be thinking about cancelling my Ebay account.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • Anonymous
    EKIMIKE wrote:

Even if eBay t's and c's prevent you from refusing in theory, your statutory rights always take precedent. That's if your statutory rights apply.....

I dare say your right. But to be honest in this case I think I would have just had to take responsibility for my own silly actions.

I have learned a lesson though.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    EKIMIKE wrote:

You certainly know your stuff. :)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    danowat wrote:
    Cheap chinese fakes, badged as Easton's, you can get the same wheels direct from china cheaper than that.

+1
    More problems but still living....