Fixie Inc Betty Leeds (steel)

Stevie2wheels
Stevie2wheels Posts: 85
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Hi, just built a Betty Leeds from Fixie Inc. Absolutely fantastic riding bike. And very light!

Picture003.jpg

Spec:

Fixie Inc Betty Leeds steel frame with Reynolds Ouzo carbon forks.

Sram Red groupset

TRP carbon brakes.

Dura Ace 7850CL wheels

Deda finishing kit.

Specialized Romin Expert saddle.

Vittoria Evo CX tyres.

KCNC gold chain.

Jagwire control cables.

Stevie.

Comments

• ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    Nice...
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Very very nice.

8)
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Was going to say.. Rusty Chain? until i saw it's a gold one.. :D
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Nice bike, how heavy was the bare frame? I saw these at a bike show, really mad German guy makes them. True anglophile.

Gold chain is interesting, did you do it just to match that one gold decal on the SSs? When it wears I'd go for a black/silver and see if that looks more subdued.

For the inner-tubes, Vittoria make a nice 85gram ultralite which comes with a 42mm valve which is better than the standard short 36mm value andperfect for your DA wheels. The 52/60mm valves look long if you don'd mind me saying. Losing the yellow caps would help guide the eye away from them.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Very lovely these are as are the Chip Races, nice frames ....
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    If I can join in with being really picky, your brake cable outer is too short at the rear.

Lovely bike though and nice to see something different :D
  • Brake cable came from previous bike and was just put on bike for test ride! Now sorted!

KCNC gold chain came from previous Spez Tarmac. I too am not very sure about the colour on this bike, but until funds allow its stays. As with the long valves. valve caps I can change to black. In fact it's done as I type, great having kids you can bark orders to!!

Not sure on frame weight but the bike is well under 8kg. To be honest I'm not a weight watcher, not with 88kg to pull???

It is a beautiful riding bike that can be ridden for hours with no discomfort. And it looks a million dollars.

Thanks.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    thats stunning
  • Thanx. It's nice to have a nice steely in the swathe of carbon (i also have a carbon bike)XX