Colnago Extreme Power

apple15
apple15 Posts: 61
edited August 2011 in Your road bikes
Finally I've finished my dream bike, very much looking forward to taking it out on the road. Sadly knee ligament trouble is going to hamper things for about 3 weeks now :cry:
Frame: Colnago Extreme Power Traditional frameset
Forks: Colnago Star Carbon
Bars: ITM Vista
Stem: ITM Vista
Bartape: Fizik Microtex
Headset: Chris King No thread headset
Saddle: Selle San Marco SKN
Seatpost: Campagnolo Record
Pedals; Look Keo carbon blades
Groupset: Campagnolo Chorus throughout
Wheelset: Reynolds Assault
Tyres: Continental GP 4000

Garmin 705 edge

[img][/img]5974574237_0d42ceb9f8.jpg
Colnago Extreme Power by apple1509, on Flickr
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )...

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Very nice classic looking frame 8)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • apple15
    I currently ride a wilier Izoard, and as with most modern bikes have the sloping geometry,
    and I really wanted a traditional lugged frame and Colnago seemed like the right choice.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Now that is damn fine...Classic yet contemporary.
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Very classy. Can you desticker the wheels?
  • apple15
    I'm eventually looking at changing to wheels to a set of Mavic Ksyrium SL, I just love the idea of the red hubs.
    It would then mean I could use them all year round rather than have put the assaults away for the winter months.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    Lovely looking steed.

If you don't mind me saying, I think a couple more small red accessories to add a third colour and you'll improve it still further.
  • fuzzbear
    fuzzbear Posts: 112
    Very nice. What size is it? & do all traditional geometry Colnagos have that forward slope to the top tube?
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Very nice indeed, love the trad looking frame with modern wheels(I like the sticker btw)
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    This and Cycledrummer's Basso are the nicest bikes on here IMO.

Chapeau!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • apple15
    fuzzbear wrote:
    Very nice. What size is it? & do all traditional geometry Colnagos have that forward slope to the top tube?

Thankyou, Its a 57cm Frame, and yes I'm Led to believe that all the Extreme Powers are designed that way.
    I have been used to riding a 56cm frame but this is a very comfortable bike, and very much looking forward to putting a few miles on it.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • apple15
    Thanks Guys for all of the positive comments, can't wait now for my knee to improve so I can enjoy it.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • netwizo
    netwizo Posts: 3
    Looks great , look forward to see you on the road soon , shame it's not Red !! Lol
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    A beaut. White saddle, destickered wheels and open corsa evos would be on my to do list but that's a lovely bike.
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    A beaut. White saddle, destickered wheels and open corsa evos would be on my to do list but that's a lovely bike.

wot he said ^^^^

I'm too short in the leg so had to get a sloping TT Colnago - still love it though!
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • west green
    west green Posts: 134
    Very nice, as others have said, contemporary yet classic - definitley something I'd like to do when I get some dosh together - looking forward to a report once your back on
  • apple15
    All I can say is that after the first ride last week I haven't stopped smiling. A very solid performance, and I just love the way that it manages to glide over some of the roads around here. Put the hammer down and away it goes.

Oh and thanks for the link Kev, I've just added some red Planet X wheel Skewers and its looking bling tastic now :D
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Looks great. Assuming you don't use a camelback, what cages are you putting on? Hopefully Elites of some sort.

The lines are nice, who sized you for the frame? Did you consider a 56cm so that you'd get a bit more seatpost showing? Just wondering...

The deep dish wheels look great with the decals, when they're spinning they'll dazzle the competition.

I like you're climbing set up with the compact and large cassette, that rig is set up for a full frontal continental assault!
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • apple15
    Elite bottle cages now in place, and as for the sizing..I'm normally a 56cm but the frame is a 57cm. Got the frame off fleabay and took a punt on me actually being able to ride a 57cm frame. I've shortened the stem length now from 120 to 110 and I feel alot more comfortable on it.
    As for the climbing well lets just say the bike wants to go, its just a shame my lungs and legs cannot oblige just yet.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    I like you're climbing set up with the compact and large cassette, that rig is set up for a full frontal continental assault!
    Ha ha.
    Guess who's always bottled out on a Pyrenean assault, in a years time?

Keep up the pressure boys, he might change his mind.
  • apple15
    Something of a conspiracy going on here me thinks :D
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Just do the pyrenees. Went last month. Amazing, and I barely scratched the surface. Can't wait to go back.