Could do with your help guys

Andrew N
Andrew N Posts: 119
edited August 2011 in Commuting chat
Our little cycling venture Going Going Bike has been shortlisted for the Venture Candy Awards in the green category. The awards are run in conjunction with the Metro newspaper. Winners win business support, which will hopefully allow our marketplace to grow further.

We are in the final three having coming through a long list of 7 companies who all went through a panel interview with the Venture Candy judges.

Its now down to a public vote on who wins with voting closing midnight Monday July 25).

So I was hoping with you all loving cycling as you do, you could give us your vote. We're all one community after all :)

Vote for us here: http://www.venturecandy.co.uk/shortlist ... ion_ID=830
www.goinggoingbike.com

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Done
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    edited July 2011
    I'd love to support your site, I think its a superb idea. Done.
  • Done
  • Andrew N
    notsoblue wrote:
    I'd love to support your site, I think its a superb idea. But even though I'm in the market for a second hand bike, and your site was one of the first that came to mind, I gave up trying to find anything because you can't choose to search by location. :(

Your concern has been noted, part of the reason we want to win the competition is to try and devote resources to making changes on the functionality of the site with the search function at the top of the list
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    Andrew N wrote:
    Part of the reason we want to win the competition is to try and devote resources to making changes on the functionality of the site with the search function at the top of the list

Cool, done. Good luck!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Andrew, PM sent.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Voted!

It might be an idea to paste a couple of paragraphs about your business above so as to encourage people into voting.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Done.
  • cloggsy
    cloggsy Posts: 243
    Done :wink:
  • u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    done :D
  • Done, I'll vote for owt :lol:
  • jeepie
    jeepie Posts: 497
    voted
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Done
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Great idea - good luck!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    It might be an idea to paste a couple of paragraphs about your business above so as to encourage people into voting.
    +1

Had a look at your website and found it hard to find out what it was the site actually does. I'm guessing from a quick click around that its, to put it bluntly, eBay for bikes and bike related stuff. Understanding what the beenfits for the cycling community are, compared to eBay, will help. For example you support x social projects aimed at encouraging cycling etc.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Have not voted - sorry.

I can't understand why you need £300,000 or how it is going to work. All my bikes are 100% legit, but I'm not good at keeping receipts and and don't know how I'd prove they were mine to sell.

Giveacar looks to my uneducated eye as a more deserving winner, but that might just be my perception.

Either way good luck.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    I'd suggest having bikes for straightforward sale as well as auction. Not all your potential customers will want to be bothered with auctions, not having the time or energy to devote to them, or wanting to buy a bike immediately and not wait for the auction to end. Wrath Rob's comments about ebay are valid as well.
  • Andrew N
    We do offer fixed price methods for selling alongside the auction element
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    Consider it done. :wink:

David
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Done