petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Ah ha,

Nice one, good luck :D
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    9335007.jpg
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Wow, its all gone a bit nuts over Napd hasn't it? As an infrequent user of the forum I've just caught up on the threads and can't believe some of the vitriol from people that don't even know the guy and have no idea what he's been through.

Glad to see that there are a lot of people who do miss his input though and recognise what a decent guy he is.

Just a note for Pseudonym. It's interesting that you brough Karl Austin ino one of the previous threads because NapD got off his backside while suffering with his injuries and rode his bike with other local riders as part of the guard of honour that accompanied the funeral party. That doesn't sound to me like a guy wallowing in self pity but someone who CAN put what happened to him in context. If he mentioned his injuries a couple too many times for your liking then that's a shame and maybe next time you might not comment in a negative way and instead find a thread where you can be constructive.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    lfcquin wrote:
    maybe next time you might not comment in a negative way and instead find a thread where you can be constructive.

spectacular advice, thanks...I'll be sure to bear that in mind the next time I come across someone whinging excessively about something beyond anyone's control.... ;)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Pseudonym wrote:
    lfcquin wrote:
    maybe next time you might not comment in a negative way and instead find a thread where you can be constructive.

spectacular advice, thanks...I'll be sure to bear that in mind the next time I come across someone whinging excessively about something beyond anyone's control.... ;)

asswipes like you are the main reason ive reduced the amount of time i spend/post on here.
    go on say something clever.

Altternately bored/annoyed with you.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    Pseudonym wrote:
    lfcquin wrote:

I've avoided posting a comment (didn't want to fan the flames), but Pseudonym... you're just mean!! End of...
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym Posts: 1,032
    sorry, I knew that would bring out the fanboys....
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Pseudonym wrote:

Pseudonym is NapD's alter ego
  • What is it with the level of vitriol around NapD ?

Like all but 15 people on here I've never met him and daresay never will. Like most on here I only knew him through his posts, which, I have to say were never trolling. I do find it unbelievable though that a guy who, in one year, was attacked by HIV+ smackhead, became a father and finally faced a situation where his livelihood and potentially his family were under threat from a accident incurred in what essentially is a hobby can be abused for offering no more than a warning concerning the perils of 4th cat racing. Give the guy a break.

Over the past year there's been a growing trend towards trolling on this forum; best not to feed them and let the banter/helpful advice and disagreements continue.

Oh and by the way I'm NapD!!
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Oh and by the way I'm NapD!!

No

I'm NapD
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    No

I'm NapD

and so is my wife
    Peter
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    The forum lost NapD and gained a complete T*T.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    rajMAN wrote:

+1 to that.

Nap D is back on here and if you're reading this then I hope the recovery is going well and you're on the mend. I'm sure you've spent good quality time with the family while off the bike :)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    I bought a pair of chainrings off him, and he notified me of their postage with the words "Pizza delivery!"

The next day they arrived in an old pizza box. Winner. :D
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    rozzer32 wrote:
    rajMAN wrote:

+1 to that.

Nap D is back on here and if you're reading this then I hope the recovery is going well and you're on the mend. I'm sure you've spent good quality time with the family while off the bike :)

+1 :)
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    AidanR wrote:
    I bought a pair of chainrings off him, and he notified me of their postage with the words "Pizza delivery!"

The next day they arrived in an old pizza box. Winner. :D

Looks like the race diet's gone out of the window.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    To be fair, this was before he started racing, and it was only a very small pizza box ;)
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Pseudonym wrote:

I don't think they're "fanboys"; just not vindictive ar$eholes.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • I've also only just caught up with this thread. Hope you get well soon NapD, once recovered just go out and enjoy riding, being outdoors and cake. I threw away my computer a year ago and just go out when I feel like it and take no notice of average speeds etc. As a result I've ridden more this last year than ever before and am probably fitter and faster.

You can still have goals which don't involve racing or times.

Keep chin up.
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Pseudonym wrote:

I don't think they're "fanboys"; just not vindictive ar$eholes.
    +1.
    NapD = nice guy
    Pseudonym = cockend
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I have always enjoyed NapD's post which were generally informative and often tinged with a sarcastic wit but ultimately he has quit posting (under that name at least) so why such a big fuss? I've done the same on sites in the past when it is no longer enjoyable posting / reading them. It's hardly worth a poll and 5 page thread though.
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    We could get this to 20 pages :D
    Peter
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Pross wrote:
    I have always enjoyed NapD's post which were generally informative and often tinged with a sarcastic wit but ultimately he has quit posting (under that name at least) so why such a big fuss? I've done the same on sites in the past when it is no longer enjoyable posting / reading them. It's hardly worth a poll and 5 page thread though.

Probably a good idea to add to it then.

Will you be letting us know when other threads have become long enough?
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Carl_P wrote:
    BBH wrote:
    He is back on here and some of his posts prove it (you have to have a keen eye for detail to find them!!).

Anyway, good to see he is back, albeit in a different guise!!

So the first to find him gets a prize, or best to keep it secret?

Anyway, if your reading NapD all the best with your injuries.

No mate, not meant to be like that!!

I may be wrong but some posts have familiar bits to them, which made me think (there are only a few mind).
    I for one am not going to reveal the username that I think maybe his because:
    1) I maybe wrong
    2) If correct, others may use that knowledge to ill effect!! :evil:

Good to see some brief posts at least!! :D:D
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    Pross wrote:

+1
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Just noticed this thread,

http://youtu.be/rw1P7gdtAeY

Just kidding, I dont mind the boy, seems alright to me :)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Just noticed this thread myself as I've been busy elsewhere.
    Understandable that Alex requested to be removed from the site, but quite confused over the posts of certain forumites in here.
    I've met NapD in the past and found him to be an alright bloke.
    I don't think he sould have been judged so harshly for saying what he did, or perhaps harping on a bit over injuries caused through racing. The points he was making on the 4t cat racing thread were based on 'his' experience, and it obviously wasn't a pleasant one!
    He made thousands of posts on here, mainly helpful, sometimes a p1ss take, now some jerk with barely a couple of hundred posts is souring the whole forum...
    Pseudonym, you're a T1T!

NapD, if you're still prowling, then I hope you're making progress chap, send me a pm! :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • The papers wont report this, but all the recent riots were in fact a backlash of Nap'ds recent ban