llandegla 13th Aug

rocketman76
rocketman76 Posts: 195
edited August 2011 in MTB rides
Off up to Llandegla on Saturday, anyone know if there is anything on or if it simply a free for all?

What sort of condition is it in, I'm guessing hard and bouncy!!

Comments

• Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Pretty sure there's nothing on up there tomorrow.

We were there yesterday evening and, because of the torrential rain that they had on Wednesday, it was wet - lots of puddles on the trail but still as grippy as hell.

We did all of the blacks and it's in great condition - juts remember a £1 coin for the bike wash, you'll need it. Not a bad idea to hose yourself down either!!

By the way, the cakes are still superb :D
  • http://www.coedllandegla.com/

One or two diversions but no events by the look of it. Should be fun in the wet!
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • cheers folks.

Looking forward to it.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Proutster wrote:

We were there yesterday evening and, because of the torrential rain that they had on Wednesday, it was wet - lots of puddles on the trail but still as grippy as hell.

We did all of the blacks and it's in great condition - juts remember a £1 coin for the bike wash, you'll need it. Not a bad idea to hose yourself down either!!

That covers it perfectly, except my bike is still dirty!
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    matthew h wrote:
    Proutster wrote:

That covers it perfectly, except my bike is still dirty!

The downside is that the Llandegla bike wash takes the lube off your chain - only had a little surface rust to remove last night, then a quick lube and she's good to go ready for Monday evening!!
  • Trail was in great nick, a little wet, but plenty of grip. Got up there for about 930am, and hardly anyone around. By the time we finished the carpark was full and they were heading up the start like ants.. Definitely advisable to get there early..

Chocolate brownie was SUPERB, and we managed to get both bikes washed for just the 1 english pound..

Mates first time up there on my old Giant Rigid. He loved it, but my guess is his upper body will be a bit sore tomorrow!!
  • Trail was in great nick, a little wet, but plenty of grip. Got up there for about 930am, and hardly anyone around. By the time we finished the carpark was full and they were heading up the start like ants.. Definitely advisable to get there early.. !

I agree. Every time i go, i try and get there early because of this. Its great being the only one riding for a couple of hours. . . of course theres 1 or 2 others but you rarely see them!

They say their bacon and egg baps are the best in the country, their alright, but not what i would consider the best. great cafe tho, sitting down eating a bap and haveing a drink staring at the bikes i cant afford yet!
    If in doubt - flat out!