Forest of Dean on Spicy 216

parksy78
parksy78 Posts: 28
edited August 2011 in Routes
I'm busting to give some downhill a try, and my brother as talked me in to going to FOD, i've heard FOD trails are good for beginners and doesnt look to bad on youtube videos. doesnt look much worse than any of the trails in cwmcarn afan etc..
My question is would my spicy 216 be up to the job of some light dh considering my weight? i'm about 17.5 stone without gear. the bike setup is standard domain forks and fox float shock.

cheers
Still looking for the uphill that's as easy as the downhill!

Comments

• thefod
    thefod Posts: 19
    Spicy will be fine
    thanks
    Ant.
    thefod.co.uk - Your guide to Mountain Biking in the Forest of Dean
  • parksy78
    bearing in mind that i ride the welsh trails with no armour or fullt face, will i need it for FOD?
    my brother will be riding fully kitted on a orange 222 flat out, do i need to go out and buy all the kit or will i be ok until i start to push the pace?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    the trails are fun, quite steep and techy in places considering that there's no huge hills :lol:

but no, you'll be fine, i wear knee pads and a standard helmet, if you have a full face and are only going there to ride the DH tracks i'd say take it, but you don't need it :D
  • Dartster
    Dartster Posts: 56
    The DH tracks are only as "hardcore" as you make them really, you can ride pretty much all of them as slow and as easy as you like...there's a few steep sections obviously, but so long as you half know what your doing going down a hill then there is nothing that demands you wear the full kit.
  • parksy78
    thanks boys, just need to organise the trip now, and maybe buy some knee pads but dont tell the missus!! :o
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh Fod trails are nice beginner trails for DH.

i love them as there totally fast and fun! witha fair few nice little jumps to play on :) what days are you heading up?