MTB Sale thread deleted

garnett
garnett Posts: 196
Hi there.

Had one thread edited because I overlooked the rule that says you can't ask how much to sell something for:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12793786

I posted a new thread just putting the bike (a Rockrider 5xc Ltd) up for sale for £160.

This thread seems to have been completely removed.

Someone had responded and I was making inquiries about couriers.

Please can you shed some light?

Thanks.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    was it posted in the correct area? did it comply fully with the classifieds guides and rules?

I did not see your advert so I have no idea but I guess it did not have either a price, or a picture.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • garnett
    garnett Posts: 196
    nicklouse wrote:
    was it posted in the correct area? did it comply fully with the classifieds guides and rules?

I did not see your advert so I have no idea but I guess it did not have either a price, or a picture.
    Thanks Nicklouse. I think you've answered my question without even seeing the thread - I only posted a generic picture, with "pictures to follow at the weekend".

Fair enough!
  • nicklouse
    and if you read the rules Pictures of the item for sale MUST be included in the first post. Pics later does not do.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • iain1775
    iain1775 Posts: 98
    all the 'post removed - read the ruiles' scattered around the sales section totally puts me off using Bike Radar for selling or buying, they just get in the way and portray a rather unfriendly vibe to the forum
    I use Singletrackworld instead, seems there are too many over keen moderators scouring the ads here, for what purpose? Its not hard to contact a selelr to request pics, and it can be much easier to email them to interested parties than upload them to a photo storage site and link them on your thread
  • nicklouse
    iain1775
    what you fail to understand is that most of these edited post are in response to users reporting the posts for not following the rules. Which most of the users of the forum want.

they want to see what it is being sold and how much the poster wants for it (and also location as we have users from the USA and Aus).
    Instead of having to send out a mail to someone just for some info as they can not be bothered creating a half decent advert.

If you dont like it dont use it.
  • iain1775
    iain1775 Posts: 98
    I don't! Thought I said that above :roll:
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    iain1775 wrote:

Point is, the classifieds on these boards are very active and very strictly moderated. This seems to work for the vast majority of users.

The rules in place are to help protect the buyers and sellers.
  • nicklouse
    iain1775 wrote:

so why comment?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Dear sir, I don't like the way you manage your free service that you provide me, and for that reason, I have chosen to take my business elsewhere.

Lol
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.