Cineworld the Ryanair of the film industry

apple15
apple15 Posts: 61
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ok, is it me or is this just the way things are done now.
Booked the tickets online...charged a booking fee for the privilege.
Charged more because the film was in 3D...still can't get my head around that.
Pick and mix and all the gubbins...another small fortune.
Then when I thought that was it, a real kick in the b@lls when they want extra for the 3D glasses.
FFS I know the film industry is struggling with the piracy thing, but when it costs a small fortune to go to the cinema Its no wonder people chose other means of watching films.
Rant over and breath :D
.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )...

Comments

• Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    I've never understood why they have an extra, separate charge for 3D glasses. It's not as though it's optional is it? They didn't used to charge for them.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • apple15
    No the last time they gave them away, thats why I thought you paid extra for the 3D film itself.Oh well once bitten and all that.
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    A booking fee for cinema tickets? Hmmn that's getting a bit silly now. I'd be interested to know how much tickets are around the country now. It's shot up to £8 for a standard adult ticket at my local odeon which seems a little bit pricey to me. There is the orange wednesdays option but I stopped going on that night as it was full of people there for a cheap night out who'd talk and stuff their faces all the way through the film...so maybe I should pay my £8 and stfu.....
  • Was Debbie does Dallas good in 3D then?
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    Think of the poor actors struggling to make ends meet.
    "Coming through..."
  • apple15
    Was Debbie does Dallas good in 3D then?

Ahhhhh Thats why they call it the money shot!!!!

I'll get me coat :lol:
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Cinema. The best way to waste 2hrs.

If it's your thing, then fair enough. I love my films, but I only watch them when I have nothing better to do.

HATE the cinema. Too dark! :D
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    Vue also charge a booking fee.

What I don't understand is why all the cinema chains treat you like crap. How long does it take to buy a ticket these days. Now all the big places seem to make you go to the food counter to get them. You end up in a queue behing a huge family buying nachos and plastic chease.

It's such a horrible experience.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Cineworld do the Unlimited card which means you can go to as many films as you like for £13.99 per month. That's pretty good value IMO.

OK, so a one-off trip like yours is pretty expensive, but if you see just 2 films per month you are already making a saving with the Unlimited card.