Picked up one of these today...

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
well I tried to, not strong enough.

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/roads ... reign.html

Lovely looking bike, but how damn heavy???

Comments

• CrackFox
    CrackFox Posts: 287
    This beautiful machine transports the rider to a more relaxed age using the finest handbuilt quality.

Very reasonably priced for a time machine. How fast do you have to pedal to activate the flux capacitor?

Are bikes like this practical for day-to-day usage, or are they just for tweed enthusiasts, retro poseurs and country vicars?
  • Moodyman
    Moodyman Posts: 158
    CrackFox wrote:
    This beautiful machine transports the rider to a more relaxed age using the finest handbuilt quality.

Are bikes like this practical for day-to-day usage, or are they just for tweed enthusiasts, retro poseurs and country vicars?

Yes they are, but they're workhorses.

When I was in The Netherlands a couple of months back, everyone rode bikes like this for utilitarian purposes.

Guess, if you had one these, you'd buy a second lighter bike for weekend jaunts.
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    Can be fun to ride but stroll in a park job with the GF type of thing
    www.goinggoingbike.com
    CrackFox wrote:

Very reasonably priced for a time machine. How fast do you have to pedal to activate the flux capacitor?

I believe 88mph to be the standard velocity to activate such devices.
    FCN 2 to 8
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Reminds me of the ancient black Raleigh my father rode to work for about 40 years, I doubt it ever had a service in all that time! The chaincase must have reduced chain wear an awful lot when used in all weathers.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!