Summer is taking its toll, winter where are you?

tptvmbircn
tptvmbircn Posts: 782
edited August 2011 in Commuting general
Sun, Sea, 1.2 funny sounding corsas, dogs running wild, road rage and drunks stumbling about the road, god I just love summer!

now really it's not fun and now with the six weeks holidays it gets worse with toe rags throwing god knows what at you and just general arsey behavior...

Winter please hurry up, bring some peace and keep me cool! :evil:

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Shut your mouth. Winter? Get lost. Sounds like you just live in a dump.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • tptvmbircn
    Might be getting old also, hit the 25 mark in two weeks time.

That aside, secretly I love the winter!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238

Lol 25 , your still a sprog :lol:

I like it when it gets cooler because the summer cyclists give up and there is room in the work bike shed without getting there to early .
    FCN 3/5/9
  • weedy1
    weedy1 Posts: 143
    Yeah I was loving it in the winter esp. -13°C on the way into work, nice and fresh that morning. :wink:

Feck the winter give me summer all year pls.
  • tptvmbircn

Lol 25 , your still a sprog :lol:

I like it when it gets cooler because the summer cyclists give up and there is room in the work bike shed without getting there to early .

compliment appreciated haha, the theory of the bike shed is also true where I work, happy days!
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Ah Summer; trips to the South of France and Italy; great weather, great food, and motorists that appreciate and value your health & saftety. It doesn't have to be expensive either; easyj&t does a bike to the continent and back for £38. Compared to riding in the UK, the summer on the continent is the b********ks!

I'm commuting through S London tomorrow - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • desweller
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    Ah Summer; trips to the South of France and Italy; great weather, great food, and motorists that appreciate and value your health & saftety. It doesn't have to be expensive either; easyj&t does a bike to the continent and back for £38. Compared to riding in the UK, the summer on the continent is the b********ks!

To be fair to London; it doesn't have any seasonal variation, it's shit for riding all year round...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    It was bloody hot today Des
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • desweller
    Oh aye - but the locals don't get any better as the seasons change!

Super warm up here too, sweated buckets going up to Edge.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • tptvmbircn
    DesWeller wrote:
    Raymondo60 wrote:

To be fair to London; it doesn't have any seasonal variation, it's plop for riding all year round...

haha, so i guess I'm 100% in the wrong country! *note to self* move... :roll:
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    I'd much rather cycle in London than long, boring roads just outside London. Give me Embankment over Portsmouth Road (Esher to Cobham) anyday!
  • RowCycle
    RowCycle Posts: 367
    I hardly think we've had a summer yet!

Although I do agree with the original poster. It's not the cold weather I like so much, but the fact that everywhere becomes quieter.
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    Im with the OP sort of.

With Autumn / Winter brings less idiots, it adds idiots to the cars!
  • tptvmbircn
    My point exactly, its more of a issue with having quieter well everything, I miss seeing the occasional cyclists but when you do come across them there more than likely hardcore and full of good knowledge and well into it I suppose.

MartingGT, you do have a point, not just more people in cars the silly stunts that are pulled also just because "it's slippy" also.
  • medoramas
    medoramas Posts: 202
    It is quiet on my route whatever the season, so can't really see any positive aspects of winter coming :D Well, maybe just the fact that I feel less worried about the upcoming cars on tight corners (plenty in South Devon) - in the Winter I can see their lights way ahead and there is no view-blocking hedges on the road sides.

But there is one thing I really do not like in the cold months. You leave early, when it's properly cold and come back home with all the winter clothing squashed to the rucksack, because it's +18° ;-)
  • tptvmbircn
    yes that has happened once or twice here haha, the darker nights at the moment have calmed things down and lately everything is a lot more chilled whether I'm getting used to it just moving into the area or something like that.

I've been caining the overtime in work so setting off in the 6 'o' clock times which is just lovely nothing anywhere ahhhh :D