Perceptions

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Was out with Mrs Tank on Sat'day at a local cafe frequented by the cycling fraternity, and this day was no exception. Within the grounds was a group of six middle-aged cyclists, one being a rotund woman dressed in long leggings and a tight fitting cycling shirt.

Mrs Tank commented "She's not a very good advert for cycling."

Possibly not duck, if your perception of a biker is someone that is svelt, lithe and fit (hardly me, BTW). But then again she demonstrates cycling is a sport that can be enjoyed by all and not just by a certain age/fitness group. I replied.

I was just pleased for her she wasn't wearing a TdF yellow jersey else all kinds of riders would be riding by taking the p1ss and pointing fingers. :wink:
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    I was just pleased for her she wasn't wearing a TdF yellow jersey else all kinds of riders would be riding by taking the p1ss and pointing fingers.

Especially if the rest of her kit wasn't appropriately colour co-ordinated!! :wink:
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Pretty common on the Sunday morning club run here (there are serious and relaxed ones usually)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Takes all sorts - if you're on a bike, you're making an effort. God bless everyone that tries. x
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    I agree with you Mr Tank, your wife is well out of order and am glad you put her straight.

However, if the scenario was one that the said lady was indeed wearing a yellow jersey then I'd have to agree with your wife, but she wasn't so I won't
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    Takes all sorts - if you're on a bike, you're making an effort. God bless everyone that tries. x

Yup,true.