Rockhopper 2011 Brake Pads

bracknelldave
bracknelldave Posts: 46
edited August 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all

i am looking for some advise on my rockhopper 2011 rear brakes (Shimano BR-M505 hydraulic disc brake, dual piston, 160mm rotor)

i am getting a lot of vibration and noise when applying them, vibration goes right through the bike making it very uncomfortable

Caliper and disc are on secure along with hose and now movement in the wheel....... so could it be the pads worn. Had bike since May and i ride on average 25 mile a week

So can anyone recomend a site for replacement pads because when i search BR-M505 i cant seem to find pads

Many Thanks Dave

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have you had a look at the pads?

are they worn?
    are they contaminated?

they could be either or even glazed over.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • just taken them out inner pad very very pitted and about half thickness of outer

outer pad even wear slight glazing top and bottom
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstar pads are good and cheap.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    just taken them out inner pad very very pitted and about half thickness of outer

outer pad even wear slight glazing top and bottom

Doesn't one pad wearing much more than the other mean that the caliper isn't centered?

I did this to a set of pads before realising that you have to adjust the calipers instead of not touching them from new for about 6 months... :roll: