Lady in GB Kit

tmg
tmg Posts: 651
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Was out in the peaks today with riding buddy, at the traffic lights near ladybower, female rider comes from opposite direction in full GB kit, we then notice thats she's right behind us so I put the hammer down a little, she sticks with us and then we get to Bamford she strips us of all our dignity and goes past, stuck with her down the hill and then she turned right at the lights, taking our dignity with her!!!!

Although I have to say it was a nice view sitting behind her going down hill through Bamford :D

Comments

• Mettan
    Mettan Posts: 2,103
    Lizzie Armistead maybe?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Mettan wrote:
    Lizzie Armistead maybe?

She'd be training in GB champs Garmin-Cervelo kit no?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • tmg
    Think she had dark hair, but she definately looked confident on a bike and was pushing on, she wasn't on a Cervelo

Just before we got to Hathersage we saw another young girl in GB kit running the opposite direction, very pretty girl with long curly blonde hair
  • spinndrift
    spinndrift Posts: 185
    Was she on an Orbea?

Could have been Rebecca Romero.
    Cheers

Andy
    Cyclist, Massage Therapist & Ice Cream Genius
    Andrew Creer Massage
  • tmg
    All I noticed was that the bike was white and it had some Pro-Lite finishing kit on it

Being totally honest I could probably give you a better description of her arse :D
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    it might have been Bernard Cribbins?
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    it might have been Bhima
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    It was my gran.
  • If she was not on a GB team bike it could have been anybody - I was out yesterday in Nick Craigs Peugeot / Great Britain jersey and I am not Nick Craig
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Could have been any old punter. I guess you're just trying to make yourself feel less inadequate by assuming she must have been a member of team GB :wink:
    More problems but still living....
  • tmg
    She would of made most people on here look inadequate, in lots of ways (the way she looked on a bike, the way she handled the bike and the pace she rode at). But as I said she did take my dignity as she turned right, but in turning left I took a nice mental image of her peachy bottom :)

It definately wasn't Bhima tho, she wasn't putting out enough wattage to power a small village, also her GB Kit was a little faded as if it had actually seen a washing machine from time to time.

If I wasn't such a gentleman I should of commented on the GB kit and made some sarky remark, like we did to the guy wearing a TDF yellow jersy we passed
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    tmg wrote:
    the guy wearing a TDF yellow jersy we passed
    Cadel was there too?
  • tmg
    Thats exactly what we shouted at him, well we actually pointed and shouted

Its amazing what you see when you go to Ladybower
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    tmg wrote:

Very nasty. Seems like you are a bullying asshat.
  • tmg wrote:
    If I wasn't such a gentleman I should have commented on the GB kit and made some sarky remark, like we did to the guy wearing a TDF yellow jersy we passed

The post was fine until this point, at which you make yourself sound like a bit of a nob, sorry. What does it matter what people wear when they cycle and how do you judge their ability as a cyclist?
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    guinea wrote:
    tmg wrote:

Very nasty. Seems like you are a bullying asshat.

+1 - I bet that you felt really big after that. Make your day did it? And thanks for ruining his ride, bet he felt brilliant about that and didn't pizz him off at all.

Who cares what you wear - he was out on his bike enjoying a sunny Sunday.

Good work fella - keep up the public realtions. Another cyclist puts the bike away ......
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I think many of us have a little giggle when we see a slightly overweight middle aged bloke in a TdF yellow jersey, but there's no need to shout at somebody for what they are wearing. Would you do the same to a bloke walking down the high street just because he was wearing a jumper that looked like his nan had knittted it? No you wouldn't would you.

*unless you know the guy in which case you can take the piss all you like!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • tmg
    I think if you stick something like that on then you make yourself fair game, just like in any sport

The guy in the yellow jersey took it in the spirit it was given
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I agree with the giggles, or a smirk, but keep it to yourself!

Just imagine if another dozen or so people had passed by and made similar comments? And it was a present from someone who had noticed they were keen to cycle and get a bit fitter?

Not that I'm riding round Ladybower anytime soon, but I'll be wearing what I like. Fancy giving me a description of what you will be wearing?
  • tmg wrote:
    I think if you stick something like that on then you make yourself fair game, just like in any sport

What, like the people in the crowd at a cricket match wearing England tops, or the Rugby fans at Twickenham wearing an England shirt, are they all fair game for you to give stick to as they've never 'earned the right' to wear the shirt?
    Pathetic.
  • And so ends the lesson of the day about the dangers of posting comments like yours on an internet forum. Everybody now has made judgement on the type of person you are.

Would you have made those comments off the bike and face to face to those people, I think not. Coward. :evil:
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • tmg
    lol there is a big difference to wearing a shirt and standing in a crowd as opposed to actually partaking in the sport

I take it you lot are not used to banter in sport, play five a side in an england shirt with rooney on the back and sky a ball over the bar and you'll get the piss taken out of you, its called banter and having a sense of humour, something which seems to be lost on you morons
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    tmg wrote:

What, like the people in the crowd at a cricket match wearing England tops, or the Rugby fans at Twickenham wearing an England shirt, are they all fair game for you to give stick to as they've never 'earned the right' to wear the shirt?
    Pathetic.

Wearing a cycling top and wearing the best rider jersey are different though.

Not that it bothers me really, but I think folk wearing a TDF yellow jersey or polkadot jersey look a bit try-hard. I wouldn't say anything to them though.
    More problems but still living....
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    tmg wrote:
    I take it you lot are not used to banter in sport, play five a side in an england shirt with rooney on the back and sky a ball over the bar and you'll get the wee-wee taken out of you, its called banter and having a sense of humour, something which seems to be lost on you morons

Agree completely - if a mate of mine I am out riding with is wearing yellow/green/polka dot whatever and you crush him everywhere then yup - you take the pizz.

A complete stranger out on his own on a lovely Sunday - nah. That's just rude, ignorant and moronic.

And calling us all morons for pulling you up about basic manners is a tad contradictory really?

If someone had pointed, shouted and laughed to you I presume that you would be the first on here saying that two random blokes had shouted abuse at you and that whats the world coming to when you can't go riding in your own on a sunny Sunday etc etc.

Totally uncalled for by you and your mate: bad call.

Not that it bothers me really, but I think folk wearing a TDF yellow jersey or polkadot jersey look a bit try-hard. I wouldn't say anything to them though.

Yup, agree, but if someone gave it to me and I need a clean top then I have no shame. I've woken up next to a lot worse. I certainly wouldn't say anything either - so long as they are out and enjoying themselves, that's all that matters in my book.

What were you wearing by the way?
  • pipipi
    Agree with Yossie.

Banter with your mates, whatever sport, is fine and probably mandatory.

But to a complete stranger?

It's like taking the mickey out of a fat bloke in the gym. At least he's in the gym! He's had the balls to get off his sofa and do something about it. Better give him some encouragement, or at least leave him alone, otherwise the gym closes and no one gets a workout.

(Not that I'm trying to grab the higher ground. I've got my faults. One of them is losing my temper)
  • tmg
    I would agree with you if it was delivered in an agressive derogative way, which it wasn't. Was the guy crushed by the comment, I doubt it as he smiled and carried on his way

I was wearing a world champs jersey just like my hero Thor :D
  • pipipi
    So you were wearing World Champ and made a comment about a TdF?

And would you have felt worse if the GB lady had made a comment to you?

Thanks for an honest answer! People in glasshouses?
  • Phil_D
    Phil_D Posts: 467
    tmg wrote:
    I would agree with you if it was delivered in an agressive derogative way, which it wasn't. Was the guy crushed by the comment, I doubt it as he smiled and carried on his way

I was wearing a world champs jersey just like my hero Thor :D

You, sir, are a tool.
  • tmg
    I think pipi doesn't realise when someone is taking the peepee
  • Lol, the OP also wears a "special jersey" while having a pop at somebody else who wears the same :lol:

I award you the daily prize for plank post of the day, entitled the SPEED KING award for merit. :wink: