Sky Dogma at 6550g

canbakay
canbakay Posts: 282
edited November 2012 in Your road bikes
So, finally complete after about 2 months of adjusting and weight shaving - here are some proper photos.

6615g as seen!

5996645630_93fda2ba32_b.jpg
1 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996098117_90b707046c_b.jpg
3 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996658686_db52f499fa_b.jpg
4 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996649602_3e4afca5e7_b.jpg
2 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996085461_f883ba4a27_b.jpg
9 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996666990_e2d42dd62d_b.jpg
8 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996664852_66cca7d66c_b.jpg
6 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996661770_c2e279ae3c_b.jpg
5 by canbakay, on Flickr

5996636606_6545654728_b.jpg
7 by canbakay, on Flickr
Dogma
Madone
R3
Point Reyes
Raleigh Burner
Boris

Comments

• Mr752
    Mr752 Posts: 33
    Oh yes! Liking that alot.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    You can't argue with the figures and I'm sure it rides nice but the Dogma(especially in Sky colours) doesn't do it for me. It 'looks' heavy to me and I don't know why. As long as you like it that's all that matters and you can't hide the fact you have some great kit on it.
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    canbakay wrote:
    So, finally complete after about 2 months of adjusting and weight shaving - here are some proper photos.

6615g as seen!

Here's hoping you're not 5 foot tall and 15 stone.
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Nice bike!!!
    Nice House & Garden!!!!
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Oh i want that bike so bad...

V. nice
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    That is stunning. Just get them calipers sprayed black and it'll be near as damn it perfect!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I like this alot!! This is probably the first thing I buy when I win the lottery :lol:

One question though, I thought these came with SKY decals on the headtube and seatpost have you removed them?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • canbakay
    markos1963 wrote:
    You can't argue with the figures and I'm sure it rides nice but the Dogma(especially in Sky colours) doesn't do it for me. It 'looks' heavy to me and I don't know why. As long as you like it that's all that matters and you can't hide the fact you have some great kit on it.

I agree with the heavy look - that was kind of the aim. I wanted to get it sub UCI yet keep it bulky. The puffy bar tape, bulky saddle and deep section wheels were how it got it to look bulky. It would have looked (superficially) lighter it i used lizardskin tape, selle italia slr saddle, 3t ronduto bar and non-aero wheels.
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    PostieJohn wrote:
    canbakay wrote:

6615g as seen!

Here's hoping you're not 5 foot tall and 15 stone.

6foot1 and 165lbs haha!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    Keith1983 wrote:
    That is stunning. Just get them calipers sprayed black and it'll be near as damn it perfect!

That is on my wish list! Black brakes and black chainrings, but just cannot decide on the chainrings! Im not sure if I want to sink cash into the group-set as soon enough campys electronic will be out which will force the price of the di2 down - at that point i will consider options.

Either way gravitas brakes are what i really want but are just too expensive - looking for a good second hand. (would save 145g!)

http://www.tufonorthamerica.biz/images/Gravitas.jpg
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    andy46 wrote:
    I like this alot!! This is probably the first thing I buy when I win the lottery :lol:

One question though, I thought these came with SKY decals on the headtube and seatpost have you removed them?

The 2010 sky models decal cannot be removed (although i have heard otherwise but the one i saw in person was lacquered but then again that was an actual team bike) Best source to find out about that would be to call up the Pinarello distributers, Yellow LTD.

But yes, you are right, mine too came with stickers which i easily removed with the help of a hair drier.

Thank you for the kind comments everyone, I appreciate it
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Very nice. How does it ride?
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    How does it ride?
    Bit of a silly question really :lol:

Nice garden!
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Chris McG wrote:
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    How does it ride?

Not really is it. Just asking what the guy thinks of the ride.
  • Chris McG
    Chris McG Posts: 189
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    Chris McG wrote:
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    How does it ride?

I know, but something of that value would have to ride well wouldn't it?
    "Orbea, Bianchi, Ridley, Van Nicholas, Planet X, Niner. My Euro-bike menagerie was going well up to the last 2..."
  • canbakay
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    Chris McG wrote:
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    How does it ride?

In ride quality i personally look at two things, responsiveness and trust.

By trust i mean a combination of things; handling and the solid feeling you get from a stiff and well build kit. Everything is superbly intact and lets me more confidently push my self physically. Like standing on a throne to fix a light bulb as opposed to standing on a wonky ladder.

Im an adrenaline junkie when it comes to sprinting and descending. Needless to say stiffness and geometry are very important for those - for example yesterday I had my first decent (on the dogma) where an aero position was faster than pedalling and what a feeling, despite having some serious cross winds i managed to crush my top speed - most importantly, confidently (with the right amount of adrenaline).

The carbon cockpit + 303s makes for a ridiculously stiff front end..

The rear is also very stiff (maybe even too much, even a non cyclist could figure that out from the beefy rear triangle.

I have respectable experience on a madone and a r3; the R3 did not give me the confidence, at all..although that was a geometry issue..the not so stiff madone did ironically, because that, like the dogma fit like a glove.

One thing i am not happy about is the sram chainset but thats not a keeper anyway.

I see what your points are but again ride quality changes from person to person imo - a lot of it also depends on the handlebar, fit and saddle - for me, they are spot on!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Very nice looking bike that.
  • marusches
    marusches Posts: 129
    lovely bike but, but black and blue just does not work.You never wear black and blue together it's a fashion disaster.also,i aint a fan of amateurs riding/wearing pro kit it is as bad as the fat arse clown footy fans wearing man u shirts pretending they are rooney.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    marusches wrote:
    lovely bike but, but black and blue just does not work.You never wear black and blue together it's a fashion disaster.also,i aint a fan of amateurs riding/wearing pro kit it is as bad as the fat ars* clown footy fans wearing man u shirts pretending they are rooney.

That's a bit unfair, I'm no great fan of the bike but one of the great things about cycling is that we DO have access to pro kit. I gave up motorbike racing because even at club level it was impossible to get top kit.

Besides you don't know how good the OP is, he could very well grind you into the dust :wink:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    markos1963 wrote:
    marusches wrote:
    lovely bike but, but black and blue just does not work.You never wear black and blue together it's a fashion disaster.also,i aint a fan of amateurs riding/wearing pro kit it is as bad as the fat ars* clown footy fans wearing man u shirts pretending they are rooney.

That's a bit unfair, I'm no great fan of the bike but one of the great things about cycling is that we DO have access to pro kit. I gave up motorbike racing because even at club level it was impossible to get top kit.

Besides you don't know how good the OP is, he could very well grind you into the dust :wink:

If someone is prepared to spend that amount of money on a bike I would assume that they were quite serious about their cycling, and probably could grind me into the dust :lol:

My bike cost a fraction of the price of this bike, but I have a Team Sky top that somebody gave me as a birhtday gift, I don't see anything wrong with wearing it. I like the top, I like the team and I certainly don't have a fat gut :lol:

I don't get whats happening on here lately with all this what people can and can't wear :roll: but if the OP needs to find a new home for that bike, it would match my top nicely :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    andy46 wrote:
    I don't get whats happening on here lately with all this what people can and can't wear...

And what they can and cannot ride, apparently.

Bad, innit?

OP, nice bike. Enjoy it.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Thats a looker.

I think the black and blue combo works well. The blue is a turquoisey colour so its light enough to work with the black.

Nice garden too :lol:
  • Do you have a full build list please?
  • canbakay
    marusches wrote:

as it happens the missus has worked for mattew williamson and LVMH - and she would have a whole lot to say about black and turquoise not matching. Not the same as navy blue. What you are thinking of is blue and a different tone of blue together, that is a clash! I read an article years back in the economics how (ironically) black and blue is one of the best "some technical term i cannot remember" matches which is why US presidents are so often seen is blue shits under black suits second to white shirts. also, if the "fat arses" didn't buy the rooney shirts, manu couldn't afford half the things they do, its business..

on an other note, thank you for the comments, it really is a dream come true for me and i do spend a whole lot of my time cycling and related technologies.

i will write up a build list later today, but i do not have the weight for all the parts.

Btw, she is at 6560g as of today!
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • canbakay
    edited August 2011
    Frame: Pinarello Dogma 60.1 Sky Scheme
    Bar: 3T LTD Erganova
    Stem: 3T LTD
    Bar Tape: Deda Cork
    Bottle Cage: Arundel Mandible

Front Brake Lever: Sram Red
    Front Caliper: Sram Red with Zipp break-pads
    Rear Brake Lever: Sram Red
    Rear Caliper: Sram Red with Zipp break-pads

Shifters: Sram Red
    Cables: Campagnolo Ultra Low Friction
    Front Mech: Sram Red
    Rear Mech: Sram Red
    Seat: Prologo Custom & Limited - 20 Made

Cranks: Sram Red
    Chainring(s): Sram Red 53/39
    Chain: Dura-Ace 7900
    Cassette: Dura-Ace 7900 11-23
    Bottom Bracket: Sram GXP Ceramic

Front Wheel: Zipp 303 Tubular
    Tire: Vittoria Evo CX
    Rear Wheel: Zipp 404 Tubular
    Tire: Vittoria Evo CX

Pedals: Look Keo Blade Titanium
    Computer: Garmin Edge 800

Weight: 6550g (excluding garmin)
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    Sorry to say it.... but you have too much cash!

Nice machine! Never really a fan of pinarellos, but i have to say that that's quite smart.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    marusches wrote:

Lolwut?
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Love it. So prefer the blue to green from this years TDF. A Pina is a long way near the top of my wish list.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Awesome machine. Credit to you, lovely ride and bet it goes like shit off a stick !
  • canbakay wrote:
    as it happens the missus has worked for mattew williamson and LVMH - and she would have a whole lot to say about black and turquoise not matching.

It does not bode well for my wardrobe / fashion sense that I had to google both of these. Perhaps I should only go out at night :)