Slicing Soreen.

Tim.s
Tim.s Posts: 515
edited August 2011 in The Crudcatcher
You can't, can you?

After the first two of three slices mine just squashes when you press down with the knife.

Thats all.
"Didn't hurt"

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    use a very sharp bread knife

do not push the knife down, just let it cut under it's own weight

clean the blade after every slice

or buy it ready cut
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Tim.s
    IMG_8660.jpg

Not happy.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Eat it whole :p
  • Tim.s
    I was thinking of freezing it then cutting it with a hacksaw.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    just open the packet and eat it with a spoon
  • Twisterboy
    Twisterboy Posts: 311
    Eat it whole :p

+1

David
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Andy B wrote:
    use a very sharp bread knife

do not push the knife down, just let it cut under it's own weight

clean the blade after every slice

or buy it ready cut

+1. a nice sabatier works very well.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Tim.s
    The knife im using quite clearly stated 'sharpest knife in the world' on the packet and my dad gave it to me (he bought one and got one free) so im inclined to believe it must be VERY sharp.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Get over it, it gets mashed up in your mouth, digested by your stomach acids and turned into sh¥te

Who cares what any food looks like? As long as it tastes good...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Buy a real man's knife. The kind that will come in handy when you accidentally kill someone one day and have to chop the body up into little pieces to dispose of one by one at the local crematorium.
  • Tim.s
    Get over it, it gets mashed up in your mouth, digested by your stomach acids and turned into sh¥te

I dont think your taking this seriously? The thing is if its all squashed then its difficult to get an acceptable layer of butter on it.

I really do think the manufacturers should look into this.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Buy it already sliced and dont forget to add a good layer of real butter, none of this daft healthy spread. :wink:
  • Raymondavalon
    Tim.s wrote:

I dont think your taking this seriously? The thing is if its all squashed then its difficult to get an acceptable layer of butter on it.

I really do think the manufacturers should look into this.

I think you need to get your head out of your @ss, join the army for a few years and learn to appreciate anything edible in any form.

Perhaps you're a peace loving liberal, then I suggest you got to Africa, pull up a stool and watch a child starve to death so the flies can feast.

Then again, you'll appreciate anything edible
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wow, I think Ray's had a sense of humour bypass.
  • You must travel to hong kong, compete and win the Kumite. Then you may drop soreen onto your victory sword. It will cut clean slices. you must not mov the sword!
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • esspeebee
    esspeebee Posts: 174
    Your mistake is in trying to treat it as a loaf. Soreen comes in bars, and should be eaten as such. Either bite the end off as you would a chocolate bar, or rip it to pieces if you want to put butter on it.
  • Raymondavalon

Nah, just telling it like it is... dry and wry :D:D
  • Tim.s
    edited July 2011

He also dosnt know that I DID join the Army for a few years and a starving child is, unfortuatly, not the worst thing I saw during two tours of Iraq and one of Kenya.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Raymondavalon
    Tim.s wrote:

He also dosnt know that I DID join the Army for a few years and a starving child is, unfortuatly, not the worst thing I saw during two tours of Iraq and one of Kenya.

I'll assume you were a chef, hence your quest for culinary perfection...
  • sheepsteeth
    the worst thing i have seen since being a soldier is the bird from weymouth who agreed to hungrily eat my mates unwashed anus.
  • Tim.s
    But surely Sheeps as a fellow Engineer you would of experienced "Cabbage" from Chatham?
    "Didn't hurt"
  • sheepsteeth
    i am familiar with the black widow (im in chatham as it happens) but not cabbage unless tht is the generic term for a chathamites lady parts in which case i may have seen a few.
  • Tim.s
    Nope, a fat bird with a tendancy to prey on drunken young squaddies. A buddy of mine worked one of those stainless steel flasks into her 'regions' one night. I used to have a video to prove it but the current missus made me throw it out.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • sheepsteeth
    was she a short, fat, bean headed, sweat smelling individual, used to hang about with a taller slimmer blonde chick?
  • Tim.s
    The description fits, and I do remember her hanging around with a tall girl but im sure the taller one had black hair back then.

Used to hang around in that pub at the bottom of the hill which I cant remember the name of but its opposite the multi-story car park and has a club in the basement.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Tim.s wrote:
    IMG_8660.jpg

Not happy.

looks perfect to me.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sheepsteeth
    Tim.s wrote:
    The description fits, and I do remember her hanging around with a tall girl but im sure the taller one had black hair back then.

Used to hang around in that pub at the bottom of the hill which I cant remember the name of but its opposite the multi-story car park and has a club in the basement.

ahh, churchills. its called the brook now, still a tip of course.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    nicklouse wrote:
    Tim.s wrote:
    IMG_8660.jpg

Not happy.

looks perfect to me.
    Nah, it's missing butter and cheese

Then it would be perfect
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Andy B wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    Tim.s wrote:
    IMG_8660.jpg

Not happy.

looks perfect to me.
    Nah, it's missing butter and cheese

Then it would be perfect

I was talking about the cutting,

serious shortage of Wensleydale.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Pah

if you want it square buy the sliced one, or use a reciprocating say and clamp it in a vice gently.

If you are using a breadknife that works too, unless you've got the wrist action of an epileptic 13 year old thumbing through the shower fittings in Great Universal looking for side boob.

Or I mean thats what i've heard they do
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp