Porsche to introduce two new bikes.

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited August 2011 in The bottom bracket
Porsche are introducing two bikes into the cycling market. The RS is a race model with carbon monocoque construction with hydraulic magura brakes and the new type of belt chain. Bike has 20 gears,is available from October in sizes S. M and L and costs €5900.
The S model is the same frame design as the RS but made of Aluminium it has 11 gears and is available from September in the sizes S. M and L and costs €3300. Unfortunately i have no pictures at the moment, but will inform all when released.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    If they are as good as the bikes they bought out a few years ago, then they will sell, ooooooh, 8. Worldwide.

Cue: "fascist fakkers trying to make money out of people, these will be a pile of junk, etc etc" comments …….
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I'll probably buy one just to match my car. :wink:
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ademort wrote:
    Porsche are introducing two bikes into the cycling market. The RS is a race model with carbon monocoque construction with hydraulic magura brakes and the new type of belt chain. Bike has 20 gears,is available from October in sizes S. M and L and costs €5900.
    The S model is the same frame design as the RS but made of Aluminium it has 11 gears and is available from September in the sizes S. M and L and costs €3300. Unfortunately i have no pictures at the moment, but will inform all when released.
    Ademort

A month after release the Chinorsche versions will be €590 and €330 respectively.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Aggieboy wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Ademort

A month after release the Chinorsche versions will be €590 and €330 respectively.

I want a PORCHINA HA HA and i will probably order one. Just hope it dont take as long to get through customs as the last one. :wink::lol:
    Ade
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Yeah and neither one actually made by Porsche, same as Land Rover ones and countless others, keen to show that apart from building over the top gaz-guzzling environmentally-not- friendly sports cars, they also have a green side.

Yeah right ......
  • Keith1983
    Keith1983 Posts: 575
    Is it not somewhat ironic that they make gas guzzling sports cars, most of which you couldn't actually carry a bike in or on?
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    their last effort (the mountain bike with the yellow trispoke wheels) i thought looking amazing when it first came out...my taste has matured somewhat since then :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,227
    Love how all bikes made by cars mention the number of gears available.

"20 gears, wow.."
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Didn't "Hummer" make a bike a few years ago as well?

I doubt they'll be a patch on a Stork frame with full bling from Posh Bikes dot come :)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Stiff_Orange
    Stiff_Orange Posts: 218
    Yeah and neither one actually made by Porsche, same as Land Rover ones and countless others, keen to show that apart from building over the top gaz-guzzling environmentally-not- friendly sports cars, they also have a green side.

Yeah right ......

Nothing to do with the the Car manufacturer. These are produced by PORSCHE DESIGNS which is a subsidary.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    There was a planned EU law [really, Top Gear and The Telegraph mentioned it) not long ago that required car manufacturers to achieve an 'average' emissions rating across their range. If you produce some high-choking cars, e.g. Porsche, Land Rover, a couple of bikes in the range is gonna pull the average down a bit yeah?

:wink:
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    That EU Directive is exactly why Aston Martin have bought a boat-load of Toyota IQs and rebadged them (not to mention adding £30,000 to the price). I doubt that making a range of over-priced bikes is going to do much.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    I worry about, and feel sorry for, those poor saps who buy a bike because it has a premium car brand. yesterday I saw someone wearing a Jaguar jacket, why do they use their hard-earned money to advertise someone else's product?
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Cressers wrote:
    I worry about, and feel sorry for, those poor saps who buy a bike because it has a premium car brand. yesterday I saw someone wearing a Jaguar jacket, why do they use their hard-earned money to advertise someone else's product?

So let me ask, do you have a cycling shirt which has a label on it? If so, why do you use your hard earned money to advertise someone elses product?

Personally, I see no problem with people wearing their favorite brands. Cyclist do it, motorcyclists do it, car fans do it, sport fans do it, as well as everyone else.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Wow that must be fast, my bike only has 18, I used to have 20 though :(
  • lifeform
    lifeform Posts: 126
    Cressers wrote:

A little while back I was on a coastal crawler train that stopped at the obligatory South-Coast retirement ghost town.

Boarding my carriage and joining me in 1st Class were two walking stereotypes - pneumatic st.tropez tan bottle blonde trophy thing in expensive heels, and an equally manicured middle aged chap the colour of Bob Monkhouse.

He was wearing Porsche trainers, which nicely complimented his obviously-displayed Porsche keyring, stupidly enormous diving watch, D&G shades, Apple tablet thing, and the other branded clutter which these people feel the need to surround themselves with.

Porsche trainers.

Yup, Mr brand-sucker had elected to ignore the products made by a firm which has been making training shoes for decades, and instead bought a pair with PORSCHE emblazoned down the side.

Why?

Why mark yourself as someone prepared to spend £280 on a pair of Adidas-made plimsolls which would have otherwise retailed for £80 or so? They're not bespoke, they're not made out of anything other than normal trainer components, they're not even exclusive (except the price).

The final irony of this image-projection nonsense came when the Guard appeared, and said couple had to move from 1st Class because they'd 'accidentally not bought 1st Class tickets'.

Until that point, I had been debating whether to ask him if he actually owned a Porsche, or was just pretending to. I know a couple of serious Porsche enthusiasts - one of whom has owned thirty four 911s since the late '70s - and I don't think they've got a Porsche keyring between them.
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    Bikes from car manufacturers are usually a joke although those sounds quite interesting although I'm sure will turn out more marketing fluff than usable bike.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Homer J wrote:
    I'll probably buy one just to match my car. :wink:

What Porsche car do you have?
  • lifeform wrote:
    Why mark yourself as someone prepared to spend £280 on a pair of Adidas-made plimsolls which would have otherwise retailed for £80 or so?

Safe to assume in 2011 that anyone taking a train anywhere is properly loaded.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Makes my day when I see some pratt wearing a Ferrarri baseball hat or jacket. Makes me chuckle, especially if I am in Chatham high street which is really scary nowadays.
  • lifeform
    lifeform Posts: 126
    lifeform wrote:
    Why mark yourself as someone prepared to spend £280 on a pair of Adidas-made plimsolls which would have otherwise retailed for £80 or so?

Safe to assume in 2011 that anyone taking a train anywhere is properly loaded.

Ain't that the truth.

Peak Standard Class Day Return from Hove to London Terminals (choice of Victoria or London Bridge), with no underground zones or anything...

£43.70

That's roughly a pound a mile, and you get to stand up all the way too.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    To be fair... 20 gears, hydraulic discs, with a belt drive sounds pretty interesting - can't think of anyone else making a bike with specs like that?
    To the best of my knowledge 11sp Alfine is the best you'll get with a belt drive at present, and hydro's only available with flat bar brake levers.

I'm hoping it is a proper road bike with drops, could be some interesting technology in there.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 227
    porschebike-rsbikeandbikes-gselect-gessato-gblog-01-580x434.jpg

porschebike-rsbikeandbikes-gselect-gessato-gblog-03-580x434.jpg
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Flat bars.

Nothing to see here.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Flat bars.

Nothing to see here.

Yeah but 20 gears!! :shock: :lol:
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    That is blatantly a Chinese Carbon frame, badged up as a Porsche.

11%202%3A28%3A03%20PM.jpg