IanTrcp Posts: 761
edited July 2011 in Your road bikes
c3fad6f7-1.jpg

Ridgeback Flight Ti frameset
Ultegra/Deore Lx groupo
Mavic SpeedCity wheels with Michelin Pro Optimum 25c tyres
Tubus Airy Ti rack

Needs mudguards- going to have another go at getting these right tomorrow

Looks like a hybrid. Rides like a road bike. Baggy shorts and a pannier with protruding baguette complete the look...

Caught a nice group of full-battle-dressed Kingston Wheelers on White Down a few weeks ago and managed to pass a few stragglers much to the amusement of their buddies who were waiting at the top. Somewhat childish but still fun...!

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Looks hard as nails! Good job!

Any reason you didn't go for drop bars?
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Oh my that is lovely!
    I had a silver ridgeback flight T3 (basically the same geometry and contact points with alloy frame). Sold it a few months back to cut down on the fleet, and I have regreted selling ever since.

Very fun bike to ride isn't it? The geometry is not too sit-up-and-beg. Like a sportive road geo with flat bar. Wish I could afford a Ti
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    I've got a 03, awesome bike with mounts for everything under the sun!

Carbon fork is a god send mind
  • IanTrcp
    IanTrcp Posts: 761
    Spent the whole afternoon fitting mudguards. Horrible job but I don't trust anyone else to do it properly. Done now though and enough clearance for my other wheels which have 32mm Continental Top Contacts for winter rides.

With 'guards, rack and pedals it comes in at 10.1kg which is pretty good for a fully equipped bike of this kind with a 56cm frame. A Dawes Galaxy for example is over 13kg.

Have been thinking about swapping the bars for a pair of these http://www.hubjub.co.uk/nitto/nittobbarzm.htm , but it might destroy the whole stealth thing....
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    IanTrcp wrote:

With 'guards, rack and pedals it comes in at 10.1kg which is pretty good for a fully equipped bike of this kind with a 56cm frame.

That is impressive!