chain guide for planet x jumping jack flash ?

ostrichmilkman
ostrichmilkman Posts: 4
edited July 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
hey new to bike radar just trying to find out if its possible to fit a chain guide to my planet x jumping jack flash frame and if it is how to do it. i'm used to bmxing wich is a lot simpler compatibility wise any advice would be apreaciated

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes and it depends on which device you go for. and what crankset you have fitted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • well i have some cheapy bb with fsa cranks on it atm apparently i would need to change some bits to fit a bb mounted chain guide. i did have one a while back that mounted to the chainstay but i cant seem to find them anymore
  • nicklouse
    what BB fit is it? Euro or BMX?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • euro i presume from the fact its threaded i guess by bmx you meen the usa style big fat nofos you nock cups into what are my options ? do i need a speciific bb ? or can i just use any squared taper axled bb ??
  • nicklouse
    as you will be going for a BB mount you will need a E type BB for your carnks.

or if you change them youe what ever setting etc that it needs for an E type mech/device.