too skinny for arm warmers :/

tom22
tom22 Posts: 59
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
hi, i ordered some arm wamers and got them today, but unfortunately my upper arms are too skinny for the gripper :(
what could i do to make them fit (the forearm is perfect btw)?
also i cant change them as i have takeen the tags off...
any advice welcome :) thanks

Comments

• Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    The quality manufacturers wil offer armwarmers in a range of sizes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pump some iron maybe?!?!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Eat more pies
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    +1 pies... if you want to be dull as ditchwater.

The fun solution is beer.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • gorgoracha
    gorgoracha Posts: 25
    To sew it is the easiest and cheapest option... Done that with my DHB one and it works well...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Use them as leg warmers. If your legs are too skinny for them then it's no wonder you feel the cold! Or what about a couple of colour coordinated scrunchies( I think that's what the missus calls them!!) at the top of your arms, look rather fetching I think :) . If scrunchies are not your thing, and I admit they don't suit everyone, what about a couple of good old fashioned elastic bands.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I have the same problem. The solution is to either pin them to the jersey with safety pins, or lift some heavy dumbbells until your biceps increase in size.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    i got some generic lycra armwarmers off ebay , the picture shows a basket ball player using them but do not be fooled, they are tight so they would probably do the job for you.

.. goes and looks for them ...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Basketball ... 43a5b9485f
    FCN 3/5/9
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Can I just say, you skinnies make me sick :lol:
  • DesWeller wrote:
    +1 pies... if you want to be dull as ditchwater.

The fun solution is beer.

No the fun solution is the girls in lycra thread :wink:

Mind you he might need to go to the options once he's built up his arms :lol:
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    There is a chance you may of just ordered $hite arm warmers, lower priced ones just don't have decent grips on the top, I am of a very slim build and just slip the warmers over my short sleeved jersey arms, does the job just fine.

Only fatties really keep arm warmers up with no problems.
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    I'd tried all the well-known brands and they were all to baggy for me around the upper arm, rendering them as useful as a chocolate teapot. Cost be a bloody fortune in returns.

Then, of Friday, went to the Rapha sample sale. Bought a pair for £10 and they are absolutely perfect. Rapha obviously make them for proper cyclists (i.e. bulging quads and sparrows biceps) :wink:

PS I do actually work out upper body using fixed weights in the gym 2-3 times a week but make sure I don't put on muscle mass where it's not needed.

a serious case of small cogs
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    LOL thanks for that last bit toontra, its good to share
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Elastic bands - work perfectly. Mate does it all the time as he's some skinny climbing dude.

Under the arms of your top you can't see them, and it means that you can still pull them down whenyou get too hot unlike pinning.

CRC are also doing deals on Assos arm warmers at the mo' - £10 off or something.

HTH

Y
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Take them to your local seamstress/seamsman?? Should take an experienced stitcher about 5 min and not expensive.