Marzocchi Z1 Sports?

KevUK
KevUK Posts: 111
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
Right guys, after my little discovery about my forks, im going to try and pick up some cheap forks to rule out a few things, These Marzocchi Z1 sports keep popping up on ebay and seem ideal to test a few things, But ill be damned if i can find any info on them either through google or Marzocchis website. Apparently a set im looking at is 2009/10 model, from a specialized big hit, yet they all came with Domains? Anyone else shed any light on it?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you dont look very hard do you

http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBC ... spid=47615

the Big hit 1 cam with them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • KevUK
    KevUK Posts: 111
    Aye i knew that nick, i was more after actual reviews and tech info on the forks, which seems to be missing, For example, Marzocchi's website only shows Z1's for 2006, which had 130mm travel and were grey..These are black and 160mm travel..Just looking for technical specs and all that.

Edit...maybe they were one offs for specialized maybe?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as they are only made for Spesh you will have to look for reviews of the BH1 as that is the only bike they came on. but if you read the specs they are very very basic.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    That's because the forks on the marzocchi website only list aftermarket forks, as nick said, the Z1 was OEM, made specifically for the bighit. They're probably a decent entry level fork, being that marzocchi had pretty much sorted themselves out by 2010, and probably worth a punt at the right price. I wouldn't pay more than £150 for one in really good nick though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5