Tourist help needed! Riding around Peak district

thebiker
thebiker Posts: 3
edited July 2011 in MTB rides
Hello all

I am a tourist coming over from Singapore to the United Kingdom all in the name of riding my bicycle

I would have having a free day in the Peak district from which i would love to have a DAY OUT of the peak district to explore the riding
Could anyone give me suggestions?

Just a brief intro
I would be having 3 days of big mountain riding
2 days of trail riding

So i would really love to have something different ; Im looking for maybe well-taken care of trails.

Some of my options that ive comed up with would be

A) travel to North york moors; Dalby forest
B) Wharncliffe (Steve peat's place)
C) Cannock chase

Anyone has got suggestions, and also add on to whether i could get a guide in such areas?
Would appreciate if they are all within 2 hours of bamford train station BY RAIL

Thanks guys! Much appreciated all the way from Singapore.

Comments

• thebiker
    thebiker Posts: 3
    Would appreciate if anyone could give comments on my selected choices

Actually looking foward to the North YORKS moors + Dalby forest because of the fact that a world cup was held there and its a trail center.
  • Hi. You'll have some of the best biking right on your doorstep in Bamford. There is numorous routes all within 20 mins ride of Bamford. As for getting a guide...............dream on.lol . not many of them.
    As for travelling, Wharncliffe is ok but you need someone with local knowledge as the routes are not waymarked. Dalby may take a bit longer than 2 hours on the train, Cannock maybe your best bet as its all marked out and fairly close to a train station.

I would look at rides around the Bamford area first as there is some quality routes all within easy access.