RaboRonde Heerlen (Contains photos of Cav!)

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Hi,

I went to watch some pro riders go around in circles this evening in Heerlen, NL. Below are a couple of photos, there are more, and a little video, on my Flickr site. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Steve

5988883090_f315f52414.jpg

5988322371_d17eb2fb52.jpg

5988886894_9cd38bd6c0.jpg

5988336463_e78232095d.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31218589@N ... 186334213/
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Thanks for the post and pics Steve

VKNL has Andy Schleck as the winner in a leading group, which also contained Pierre Rolland & Wout Poels. Cav won the sprint finish of a chasing group.

That's enough amateurish translation from Dutch to English from me!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Mmmmm
  • pottssteve
    Tusher wrote:
    Mmmmm

Quite - that Andy Schleck is a dreamboat!

I have a few from my "private collection" if you're interested, Tusher?

Thanks Ron. Yes, when I left Andy was belting around with Johnny Hoogerland in hot pursuit. Cav was back in the pack, having done his stint up front for the punters...

Steve
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    MANDY?!?

Mandy Schleck is g-ross. Yuk.

And, let's face it, he's not exactly ageing well. He'll end up a petulant, prepubescent youth in the body of a middle aged man. Just mind my words in a couple of decades!

Mark Cavendish, on the other hand, will most certainly be Sir Mark Cavendish by then, residing on the Isle of Man in a mansion, doing a little TV punditry, designing his own bikes, et cetera.
  • pottssteve
    You've clearly got it bad for the boy, so just for you, here are a couple more:

5991397713_f02fbd7c05.jpg

5991956586_bb2ee482e7.jpg

To be honest, he looks better on a bike. He's quite little and seems to breathe through his mouth a lot, even when not riding, which tends to make his jaw jut out a little. Maybe it's a habit from before he had his teeth fixed. Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic rider, and I'm a fan, but he's just not my type. :D
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    On that last pic he also has an alien about to explode from his belly :? :shock:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • pottssteve
    josame wrote:
    On that last pic he also has an alien about to explode from his belly :? :shock:

I think that's his wallet - they get well paid for these rides. :)
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    josame wrote:

oh, Peta, am I happy to see you or is that a well-stuffed wallet up me jersey!