& so, the weekend is about to land...

One Man And His Bike
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
The missus and I are off for a day at the beach to relax and suck up some sun, then get rather drunk to celebrate my birthday weekend and I have little doubt I will be cooking half a dead cow on the BBQ at some point!!!

Man + fire + dead meat = good. 8)

What's you lot doing this weekend seeing as though the sun should be shining? :shock:

Comments

• king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    The missus and I are off for a day at the beach to relax and suck up some sun, then get rather drunk to celebrate my birthday weekend and I have little doubt I will be cooking half a dead cow on the BBQ at some point!!!

Man + fire + dead meat = good. 8)

What's you lot doing this weekend seeing as though the sun should be shining? :shock:

Happy birthday, sounds like a cracking weekend!

I'm decorating tomorrow then out later to see a comedian - Tom Stade. Then Sunday out with the family for the mother in laws birthday... *shudder* :?
  • Thanks King Jeffers. :)

Sounds like you're in for some fun also, shame about the Mother in Law but duty calls and all that, here is hoping it's painless and may we hope, enjoyable. (:
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I'm working on sat, so it'll be blinding hot. Enjoy your dead meat and booze.
  • Sorry to hear that Homer. :(

I will though, thanks. =]
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    A weekend isn't a weekend without donning lycra and getting my bike out 8)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Enjoy your birthday !!!

We shall be visiting my parents and poossibly helping them out with the last bits of decorating of the house they've just had built. So Saturday won't be spent enjoying the sunshine.

That said, Sunday, should we get back at a reasonable hour, I shall be out on the bike for an hour or two, followed by a beer in the evening sun. That'll do !!

:D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • A weekend isn't a weekend without donning lycra and getting my bike out 8)
    I may try and get out for a long hard ride with my Brithday pressie from the missus. :shock:
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Enjoy your birthday !!!

Cheers Matt, enjoy the ride and beers that follow no doubt. =]
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    A weekend isn't a weekend without donning lycra and getting my bike out 8)
    I may ride my missus long and hard and try out my birthday pressie. :shock:

Fixed it for ya :wink:
  • hells
    hells Posts: 175
    London Triathalon olympic distance
    Scott Addict R2 2010
    Trek 1.7 compact 2009
    Tank race elite 2007
    Marin Alpine trail 2007
    Specalized Langster 2010
    Kona Jake the Snake
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    some boring tit has removed has removed my jiggley present. Oh well, happy birthday again One Man. Have a guddun.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • brakelever
    brakelever Posts: 158
    if saturdays nice and sunny going to punish myself for 40- 50 miles round the roads of surrey , back for lunch , pack the fishing gear and have a late evening barbel fishing on the thames :lol: . sunday couple of hours down allotment , pop into pub next door for a couple of pints - pass out on sofa :lol: job done - bit of luck might get some horizontal jogging in as well !!!! :lol:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    some boring tit has removed has removed my jiggley present. Oh well, happy birthday again One Man. Have a guddun.

Don't worry, I'll make sure he has plenty this weekend...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Currently torn between mackerel fishing/drowning via my kayak or trying to ride the latest, frankly awesome and scary run that some unknown (I love you) trail fairy has built in my favourite forest.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    alton towers this weekend matey ;)

chillin and resting for tuesday! and then thursday im setting a new PB for my TT's :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    64 miles this morning, back home by 10.

bit of tinkering, then a snooze and now off to Toon with mates, then to the remnants of a bbq in Walker. Could get messy, wife and kids are already there and they took tennis rackets !

lie in tomorrow, short spin, bit of golf, couple of pints

life's good
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    And now back at home after the beaches, beer in hand, more in the fridge, the BBQ is well and truly alight thanks to half a gallon of paraffin.

I mean, seriously, what is it with men and lighting BBQ's? You had sticks and flints when you dragged us in to caves, what gives with wanting the biggest "WOOOOFFFF" going?

Love n hugs n burnt eyebrows...

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Saves waxing my chest... :oops: