What ya doing tonight?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
It's Friday, me and Mrs have been pretty hard at it. I'm thinking of taking her out or treating her to a film and dinner or some such. Then back home where she can curl into my nook the way that girls do...

How about you, what ya doing tonight?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Pub and or Blackfriars protest.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Peering through your windows.....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    It's Friday, me and Mrs have been pretty hard at it. I'm thinking of taking her out or treating her to a film and dinner or some such. Then back home where she can curl into my nook the way that girls do...

Do all that now - you will be f*cked for going out when junior arrives!

As for me: cook dinner for all, clear food off ceiling and walls, put clan to bed and order a curry/drink red wine.

Get Wilma to clean up food thrown onto the floor.

:-)
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Would that, by chance, be Captain America?

And if so, are you really treating her, or yourself (and draggin her along)? :P
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Greg66 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Would that, by chance, be Captain America?

And if so, are you really treating her, or yourself (and draggin her along)? :P
    Me and a mate are going but I may go see it on my own (before then) so that I can enjoy it on the levels that can only be achieved when I'm on my own and geeking out!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I read the title and thought I'd pulled. Drinking straight from work until closing followed by curry. Lots to do tomorrow before I can make my escape to the SCR gathering at the Roebuck.
    I think I'm in trouble.
  • DonDaddyD
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I read the title and thought I'd pulled. Drinking straight from work until closing followed by curry. Lots to do tomorrow before I can make my escape to the SCR gathering at the Roebuck.
    I think I'm in trouble.

SCR gathering at the Roebuck? What is the Roebuck and what is this gathering.... man I've been away for too long.
    Food Chain number = 4

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    why are you asking me out or something?

an there was me thinking you didn't care
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    edited July 2011
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think I'm in trouble.

SCR gathering at the Roebuck? What is the Roebuck and what is this gathering.... man I've been away for too long.

Look at thread right at the top of the thread list ^^^^^^^^^^
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Ms Essex is going swimming, I'm knackered (200 bike miles this week so far) so giving it a miss. Quiet night in, dinner and red wine when she arrives home.

Tomorrow, run in the morning, going to see Cars 2 in the afternoon!

Sunday, run in the morning then cycling up to watch a few friends doing the London Triathlon. Hope to watch from the Embankment near a pub (!)...an recommendations for a good pub to stand outside of that's on the course?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Working.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think I'm in trouble.

Thread at the top of commuting chat. Pub just outside Richmond Gate at the top of Richmond Hill. Do it while you can. I struggle to get time to myself with 2 kids. I'm not complaining, that's just how it is.
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Beer, drugs and rock'n'roll... :D
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    Round the parents for food if i dont collapse as soon as i get in the door. Been a loooooong week.
  • cycling home - after abandoning bike in the office due to chronic d&v on tuesday. putting kids to bed, cooking dinner. might talk to wife. sleeping.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I might be fitting a compact chainset, maybe if I can get it running with the existing triple front mech, if not it will be sunday as I will fit the double front mech then
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Recovering from last night's love hate relationship with Guinness.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    You probably need to clean the toilet as well then... ;-)
  • Dalton
    Dalton Posts: 265
    Same as I do every night I reckon, sod all!

Really must get myself a life.

:lol:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Losing at poker, drinking cider reading bikeradar forums.

I think the first might be related to the 2nd two.

i'm also trying to convince swmbo to get a boardman.... ergo she gets a new bike i get a new bike.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • stuj15
    stuj15 Posts: 167
    Mrs out with work = me fettlling some of the latest creaks, clicks (and changing rear tyre) from the bike in the garage followed by 2 rump chilli steaks, salad and a lovely Rioja. :)
  • graniteway
    graniteway Posts: 30
    Flicking between fitness singles and choosing new wheels :roll:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    last night, early to bed because of work this morning, this afternoon, not too much. This evening with the family for a quite birthday party (mine on Monday).
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Riding home from work then dinner and then a bit of tv