Getting Properly Measured for a Bike

markdavidhill
markdavidhill Posts: 279
edited August 2011 in Workshop
I'm in Bournemouth. Where can I get properly measured to ensure everything on my Lynskey is where it should be?
Team Madison Genesis Volare & Condor Super Acciaio

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Take a trip to Surrey and go here: http://www.wyndymilla.com/

Their fitting service is fantastic.

It cost me about £150 (with full Keo cleat set up) and took pretty much all day (they're very thorough!). I

've never been more comfortable on my bike and the knee issues I was struggling with are a thing of the past.
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    Pay 150 Nicker and you are not going to doubt that it has been money well spent. To do so would make you feel a bit of a wazock.

For those of us without a spare £150 there are lots of guides on the internet concerning bike fit, and having some more experienced cyclist, like you might meet in a cycling club, comment on your position on a bike is no bad thing.
  • 'Retul' at Primera on Monday.
    Team Madison Genesis Volare & Condor Super Acciaio
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Go to competitivecylcist.com and there is a do it yourself option - you'll need a friend and a tape measure. 3 different fits, Competitive, Eddy (Merckx) and French !!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Pay 150 Nicker and you are not going to doubt that it has been money well spent. To do so would make you feel a bit of a wazock.

:lol: dunno, I paid for a coach last season (10 months, £500) and I can safely say that I would have done better to put 25 £20 notes in the toaster.