Handlebar mount for teddy bear

Herbsman
Herbsman Posts: 2,029
Hi there,

For a while I have wanted to attach a large teddy bear to my handlebars. The reason for this is that I find turbo interval training so gruelling and torturous that I get very upset and often find myself crying and in need of a hug. I feel that the soft, cuddly nature of the teddy bear would help to mollify me temporarily and also, being somewhat absorbent, would soak up my tears. Can anyone recommend a good solution for mounting one to my handlebars?

Thanks
CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!

Comments

• ozzy1000_0
    ozzy1000_0 Posts: 144
    Herbsman wrote:
    Hi there,

For a while I have wanted to attach a large teddy bear to my handlebars. The reason for this is that I find turbo interval training so gruelling and torturous that I get very upset and often find myself crying and in need of a hug. I feel that the soft, cuddly nature of the teddy bear would help to mollify me temporarily and also, being somewhat absorbent, would soak up my tears. Can anyone recommend a good solution for mounting one to my handlebars?

Thanks

I have the same issue!! i so glad that i'm not alone with my emotional sensitivity..

I find inserting knitting needles through the eyes of my teddy helps.. I bend its legs around up around its back and around my handle bars, then stuff said needles through its eyes and then through the soles of its feet, thereby stiching my lovely teddy to my bike.

I also find that wearing those adult diapers for old folk helps clean up those "little accidents" that I have when the going gets tough. I get them from the old peoples home do the road. no good cyclist should be without them in my opinion.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Some gaffer tape should do the trick. Failing that get a Scout book of knots and some sisal :wink:
  • OMG!

I can't believe the poor advice you've been given! If you want to look like a true teddy pro, surely everyone knows that the only option is the carbon fibre Paddington XMount™. Sure, it costs £179, but you'll appreciate it more in the long run
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Could someone also tell me a good way to stick a Garfield on the front for general use on the road?
  • ozzy1000_0
    Zachariah wrote:
    Could someone also tell me a good way to stick a Garfield on the front for general use on the road?

nail gun it to your forehead; paslode do a nice line in gas and battery powered ones that you can carry in your handlebar mounted shopping basket. very handy for slowing down white van drivers
  • Paslodes are a bugg3r for firing at white van drivers, pulling the safety bit back with one hand with the other on the trigger while travelling at 45mph isn't easy.

I'm also concerned that some of the fixing methods suggested may harm the teddy.

Herbsman - what fluff weave is the fur on your teddy?
  • ozzy1000_0
    Paslodes are a bugg3r for firing at white van drivers, pulling the safety bit back with one hand with the other on the trigger while travelling at 45mph isn't easy.

I'm also concerned that some of the fixing methods suggested may harm the teddy.

Herbsman - what fluff weave is the fur on your teddy?

true enough, but it is possible to modify the saftey bit.... a bit of carfully placed duct tape shoudl do the trick ;)
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Like I said - duct tape... and oh I forgot. Get a power meter too - it will help you judge whether your teddy is in the optimum position :roll:
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    Could catch on... mounted stuffed animal would indicate whilst on the road:
    no arsin wavin' at me please, I'm in training mode
    secret forum reader aboard
    My pen won't write on the screen