The Responsible Adult Morning™ thread

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Morning mortals.

I'm actually getting paid to be a responsible adult! One of the payments on my payslips actually says it!!

On a side note, will start the morning off with the usual egg/bacon roll.... need to pop in to town get some new disc brake pads which fell out circa. post on fb crud...

II suspect one of the friends will call and I'll end up over there drinking...
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Good Morning to all the non responsible adults

Today will be very much like Wednesday as in I'm doing the same job and therefore going to the same places, which is ok, its not too stressful and got a decent break in't middle.

Need to resend my job applications later too as there was a problem with Arriva's website last night, fingers crossed I can get a move away from Dingleville and get my butt down to Welshland.

Anyway, thats about it for now

Tarrah a bit

Edit: Just read this on the other forum I use, It appears I'm not the only one with my philosophy; I love Walsall the same way you do. Walsall is the warty fat girl at the football party, and while there's loads of fit birds on the dance floor, there's always the motto to remember: "Go ugly early, you'll never be disappointed". I love my ugly club. :D
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    I suppose I'm giving you all the finger my sitting here at my desk at 6.30am so I can catch up. Porridge is in the microwave and I really shouldn't have had that 5th glass of wine!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Good Responsible Morning you 'Orrible lot.

Going down down down in a burning ring of fire.
    Paying the price this morning for adding those 2 green birds eye chillies to my madras last night! wooooooooooo

Off to bedgbury again on sunday at silly Oclock so i can get back early enough for the GP and then VWdads Birthday BBQ, always good as he cant drink so we have to make up for him :wink:

Tonight will be JD on coke and a few ice cubes while beating the wife at Monopoly then a film i think? *Rock and indeed Roll*

Spose i better do some work now then :roll:

Anywhoo
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Win so far, someone is doing the first bit of my job this morning, so nothing to do until 8, means I get to enjoy breakfast with the lovely Suzanna Reid and weather with the lovlier Genelle Aldred. It also means I've had the chance to do a lil bit of shopping online
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    Morning peeps today will be spent packing boxes then picking up keys for my new apartment! No work so plenty of bacons :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

Current wife failed in her duties as there was no milk or bacon for breakfast - so I am sat at my desk eating chilli nuts :roll:
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    33 mile ride last after work on the skinny tired bike, fark my legs are tired, 11k run on wednesday followed by that is not a got recipe!

I have just applied the rule that protein aids recovery and smasshed in 4 rashers of bacons and 2 poached eggs, neatly arranged in a Kaiser Roll (a real breaded item, see here)

this weekend will invlove

5am start tomorrow so we can look at flowers for the wedding at the flower market - this is something i dont want to do in any way shape or form but missk "REEEEAAALLLYYYY wants to go" so i shall take her

Harbourside festival in bristol and therefore a few ciders

7.30pm Fish and Ships, Fish and chip suppers while floating around bristols harbour on The Matthew

Sunday i shall be resting!
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    morning peoples. Today I continue to ponder whether bikes can stand up on their own in light of new evidence. I also intend to eat my own weight in curry this evening followed by eating my own weight in pub food tomorrow at a family do

awesome

plus my study is tantalisingly close to being finished and ergo my weekend riding can resume if I can fit it round lady mechanics classes.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Gazlar
    They definately can stand up on their own

you're getting "bikes" mixed up with "cripples"
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • t0pc4t
    could well be, I get mixed up a lot.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Fully-sprung
    Fully-sprung Posts: 670
    Hi der peoples.
    "Youth's a mask, but it don't last
    live it long and live it fast."
    My dustcap topic:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/forum/view ... &highlight
  • Gazlar
    t0pc4t

it's an easy mistake to make. I remember heading down to Cwmcarn early one morning, I'd been half asleep when I loaded the car, when I got there I realised I'd not attatched my full susser to the roof of the car, I'd brought Christopher Reeve. He was game enough but no matter how many pieces of Toblerone I fed him I couldn't get anywhere near the perfomance out of him that I'd have got from a 140mm trail bike. In the end I headed back early, it pretty much ruined the day
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    What's this responsibility thing I keep hearing about? Wrong forum.

Have put back a proper breakfast until lunchtime so am getting bacon egg & sausage a bit later, something to look forward to while I get through the list of crappy jobs I've got to do and have been putting off for ages. Getting hungry already!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • moster
    moster Posts: 121
    Morning...TFIF

I have a day of performance reviews ahead of me today....good cop or bad cop?

No riding planned this weekend...I've spent the week clearing a bit of the garden for patio so pick up a plate compactor at 8am tomorrow :(

Spag Bol for dinner with a chalice or two of red wine...mmmmm :)
    When you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.
  • t0pc4t
    I know what you mean Gazlar, only the other day I went to put my trousers on and only realised when I got to work that I was in fact wearing a plant pot over my c*ck and little else.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • KitsuneAndy
    KitsuneAndy Posts: 164
    First bacon sarnie of the week, it's good.

Just have to get myself through today.. Friends wedding tomorrow so I actually have to wear a suit. Have been persuaded to come out of retirement for a night and dj at her evening do though, so that should be good fun.

Then have a date on Sunday. Where I'm going to make a great impression by being *really* hungover from the night before!
  • Later on today I'll realise that I have an OU submission on calc of vars to donate to my long suffering tutor and then break the GREAT NEWS to my kids that we are all off to Butlins at Bognor on M and so they should get their sht together.

I will prepare in advance answers for my next exam which will be a detailed interrogation from my wife as to which unheard of and uninsteresting (well to me) singers will be 'entertaining' us during the week.

And then I'll prepapre my calc of vars answers.

£600 for 4 nights - jeeeeezooooh
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning fweaks

Busy day today. By busy I mean it's absolutely dead here. Probably ride horses this afternoon. Ride bikes this evening. Order bike parts of the internet in the early hours of the morning.

Laters
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon!

Well that's it, I have handed in my notice....leap of faith into the unknown. Scary times!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Greetings Programs...

bored now.

End of Line......
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Afternoon!

Well that's it, I have handed in my notice....leap of faith into the unknown. Scary times!

what are you going for now then?
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Afternoon!

what are you going for now then?

I have gone into business with another couple of people. We have developed some web based software for tracking attainment and achievement for primary schools (will soon incorporate secondary also) because basically all the competitors products only do a partial job and are complicated.....ours is simple and comprehensive. I will also carry on my own work in schools on a freelance basis while the business is getting off the ground.

Just have a month to waste here now!!!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Afternoon. Just had a couple more holes stabbed in me, ears this time.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Your going to go rusty! and old people are going to try and strain pasta with your face! :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    A rest day for me as I've been doing loads of riding at the minute. Sausage sandwiches for me this morning nomnomnom
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Your going to go rusty! and old people are going to try and strain pasta with your face! :wink:
    Rusty? Not I. All my stuff's titanium. :D
  • Gazlar
    whyamihere wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

ok then, el cap will try and strain pasta with your face
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    MissBint37 wrote:

We have developed some web based software for tracking attainment and achievement for primary schools (will soon incorporate secondary also).

Anything's gotta be better than the data we receive for primary school kids (especially for me in PE). We re-test all our Year7's as the grades are usually a mile out!
  • MissBint37
    Gazlar wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

ok then, el cap will try and strain pasta with your face

I had a friend who we used to call teabag because he had that many perforations :lol:

Whyamihere How many piercings do you have exactly?

I have a few but I'm not quite a sieve!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 wrote:

We have developed some web based software for tracking attainment and achievement for primary schools (will soon incorporate secondary also).

Anything's gotta be better than the data we receive for primary school kids (especially for me in PE). We re-test all our Year7's as the grades are usually a mile out!

That's as much a moderation issue as tracking though. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing any time soon :?