Weight: 7.2kg
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Nice bike, but personally i would get the head tube cut down, and ditch the saddle bag.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Going to cut down the head tube, it's just a case of getting round to it. She's my only built up bike at the moment and I'd have to give her up to the LBS for a few days to get it done. As it's also my commuter that's a toughie.

I like having a saddle bag because is means my kit is always there and I don't have to move tools etc when I'm commuting. Also, because I carry a rucksack on the commute I really enjoy the feeling of having nothing on my back on the weekend.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Thats too good a bike to commute on!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • asprilla
    Thats too good a bike to commute on!

I swap the wheels out for Hope Pro3 RS-Monos but other than that she's my spring / summer commuter. I do 200 miles a week commuting and then manage about 60 miles every other week with the club. I love riding this bike so I don't see why I shouldn't ride it as much as I can.

I'm going to build up a Genesis Equilibrium for the autumn / winter commuter / club runner and then I've got a belt / afline / disc Civia Bryant for proper winter commuting.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I really don't like the seat post, but that's not important as it's not my bike!

Otherwise, very, very nice :D
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Whats wrong with the seat post :?:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Very nice bike, I've just built up my new "best" bike and when the weathers nice I commute on it too.

Cutting the steerer is a piece of pi55 mate. Just hold the fork on a solid surface, clamp the stem to where you need to cut so you make a straight cut and invest in a decent hacksaw. Just triple check your measurements!
  • asprilla
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Very nice bike, I've just built up my new "best" bike and when the weathers nice I commute on it too.

Cutting the steerer is a piece of pi55 mate. Just hold the fork on a solid surface, clamp the stem to where you need to cut so you make a straight cut and invest in a decent hacksaw. Just triple check your measurements!

Cheers.

I've cut alu and and steel steerers before, I just don't trust myself with carbon!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Asprilla wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Cheers.

I've cut alu and and steel steerers before, I just don't trust myself with carbon!

Yeah I know what you mean. Just deep breaths and take it slow, no different really.