Leggings

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Surely the most dignity sapping, unflattering thing a woman can wear, apart from a tattoo...

Discusss...

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    if its the only thing she's wearing then i cant see a problem. In fact the issue of ladies wear is a hot topic right here
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cressers
    edited July 2011
    If the legs in question are thin and shapley, leggings make the wearer resemble a two-pin plug, if the legs resemble those hunks of rotating meat donnor kebabs are carved from the effect is grotesque. And yes dear, your bum does look big in that...
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Leggings are great.

If you do find yourself admiring somebody of the female persuasion, leggings offer a suggestion of whats on offer (although it probably isn't actually on offer) without her just putting it all out there!

Anyhow, who are we to judge?

On second thoughts, who are cyclists to judge people wearing skin tight clothing!!
  • Cressers
    That's the trouble, it is all out there, often it shouldn't be.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    A nice Tattoo on a woman is superb. A sh1te 'fashion' tattoo you are right, is awful.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I don't mind leggings, but the problem is you get land whales wearing them most the time, thinking their fit.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    A nice Tattoo on a woman is superb. A sh1te 'fashion' tattoo you are right, is awful.

This.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    There is woman on a bike on my old commute who could really do justice to a set of leggings, esp the 3/4 length style. I'm not saying I timed my commute to coincide with the same set of traffic lights , it was just a lucky coincidence on many days.
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    19096_7005.jpg

Tell me... Whats wrong with that?
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    nothing at all ;)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Cressers wrote:
    Surely the most dignity sapping, unflattering thing a woman can wear, apart from a tattoo...

Discusss...

It depends on who's wearing them, much like tight jeans for example. If being worn by a grunter then yes. I assume you're referring to them a streetwear rather than the gym? Shouldn't be too many wearing thin leggings round your way very soon anyway, not with winter closing in on you :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Leggings are the Devils clothes, the only good thing about them is the fact that you just "have" to go commando.

Love n hugs

DD
    And don't get me started on tats...
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Some famous designer (?Paul Smith) said that 99% of women should never wear leggings, the others should wear them 99% of the time!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Unfortunately my neighbour seems to live in the damn things despite it being obvious she enjoys her pies and is...shall we say...mature. Everytime I see her my genitals actually shrivel and retreat back inside my body.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Women dress themselves for their own benefit, hence I don't see why any woman should care what you do or don't think about her choice of clothing. Or why you care what those women choose to wear.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • DIESELDOG
    [quote="Herbsman"]Women dress themselves for their own benefit, hence I don't see why any woman should care what you do or don't think about her choice of clothing. Or why you care what those women choose to wear.[/quote]

No we don't. I don't give a toss about what anyone says, there is always an element of dressing to please. Whether it be your partner or a one night stand that has to be done.

Love n hugs

DD

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    leggings2.jpg

hmmmmm nice
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    Hate 'um

609f7aed993b14b8163e0f528855e32f.image.290x290.JPG

black-supre-top-beige-supre-skirt-black-razzamatazz-leggings-black-london-_400.jpg

Tights-Lattice-Net-Black---Tights-Leggings-.jpg

article-0-0C32A662000005DC-112_224x532.jpg
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/
  • DIESELDOG
    Eh?

1 = Leggings
    2 = Boots (Nice BTW)
    3 = Fishnets (Not stockings, nor leggings I hasten to add)
    4 = WTF!!!

Love n hugs

DD

• rubertoe
    Surely 2 = shoes and socks! (which i actually like)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• Martincan
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Eh?

1 = Leggings
    2 = Boots (Nice BTW)
    3 = Fishnets (Not stockings, nor leggings I hasten to add)
    4 = WTF!!!

Love n hugs

DD

They have a distant link to the leggings family, which was good enough to persuade me to include them. I agree with comment no. 4.

• Martincan
    rubertoe wrote:

Technically, yes. But I certainly think she pulls it off. *corrrrrr*

• rubertoe
    Martincan wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:

Technically, yes. But I certainly think she pulls it off. *corrrrrr*

I could quite easily say something in appropriate about pulling it off here - but i wont. :lol:

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    For every 1 girl that suits tight leggings there are 5 that shouldn't venture out of track bottoms/jeans/the house.

Then again this is a cycling forum and I'm sure that not all are built like pro racers :D