Twice in one day!

Nulli
Nulli Posts: 29
edited July 2011 in Commuting general
Well I never thought that I would see the day when I would be involved in an incident with a vehicle and certainly not twice in one day!

I left the house yesterday morning on my way to work when I was nearly broadsided by a car speeding out of a juntion from the left. I saw him and looked at him, he didnt see me but failed to give way and pulled straight out in front of me. I swerved just in time to miss him. A second or too sooner and there is no doubt that I would been under the front end of a ford focus! I saw him give an apologetic wave through his rear window. I chased after him and caught up with him at the lights. His face was a picture when I approached him. He apologised profusely and I let it be.

Then....on the way home from work, I was approaching a roundabout with the intention to cross straight over. I was aware of the car sitting on my tail end. As I entered onto the roundabout the car overtook me on the right side and cut right across my path slamming into me. I mangaged to stop my self from falling off and unclipped my foot just in time. The car damaged my wheel spindle on the front fork and must have scratched the paintwork along the side of the car. The driver failed to stop and accelerated away. I gave chase for the second time that day. As the car pulled up at the roundabout to give way, I approached from behind as I got level with the drivers side window the driver sped off giving me a load of verbal. Shame that I managed to get her VRN and report her to the police who will now be paying her a visit courtesy of my statement!

Trek 7.5fx

Comments

• phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Unlucky. You are aware though, that these things tend to come in threes (and then nothing for six months)...

Coming in to the roundabout - where were you positioned? Where was she?
  • Nulli
    I approached the roundabout in primary, the approach road had cars parked along the kerb so couldnt really go anywhere else. She was behind me at this point on the approach, then as I entered onto the roundabout I maintained primary but she overtook me in the right hand lane but cut straight across the front of me to take the next left. I was heading straight on. She slammed into me as she cut across my path.

Trek 7.5fx
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Nothing you could do. What a b*tch!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Nulli wrote:
    I approached the roundabout in primary, the approach road had cars parked along the kerb so couldnt really go anywhere else. She was behind me at this point on the approach, then as I entered onto the roundabout I maintained primary but she overtook me in the right hand lane but cut straight across the front of me to take the next left. I was heading straight on. She slammed into me as she cut across my path.

I had a van do that, except it was taking the same exit as me, so not quite as drastic, but I still gave the side of the van a good thump as it pushed me towards the kerb.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Nulli
    I couldnt believe the attitude of the driver, that was the worst thing for me! I even have the rubber scuff marks along the side of my SPD's from her car tyre! lol

Trek 7.5fx